Rise scorm package opening to a blank new window.

Mar 07, 2022

Hi,

I have updated my rise course with some new information, including links and a pdf. Now when I export it to scorm and upload it to my LMS course, it won't open up for users to view in a new window. It opens as a blank screen.  I have tried with a new user, which worked the first time they entered the module but when they exited and returned it wouldn't open again.  This is an urgent issue and hoping to resolve it as soon as we can.  Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated.  Thanks, Margarita

2 Replies
Kelli Longfellow

I am having the same issue.

Today I've also been having issues with my Rise course xAPI export packages all having random glitches in them (e.g., storyline block not loading, character's body is cut in half, course going blank). When I re-export the course, the issue I had goes away, but then another issue arises. Was there a recent update to Rise that's causing these issues? 

Hazel Bartolome

HI Margarita!

So sorry to hear that your Rise courses opens as a blank screen.

I would suggest troubleshooting your file in SCORM Cloud to check if the behavior is the same. SCORM Cloud is an industry-standard testing engine that's free and supports AICC, SCORM, Tin Can API (xAPI), and cmi5 content.

This video tutorial demonstrates how to use SCORM Cloud with Articulate content.

If your course works properly in SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, kindly share your SCORM Cloud findings with your LMS provider to troubleshoot the issue. 

If the course also opens as a blank screen in SCORM Cloud, open a case with us here so that we can investigate.