Rise video content not playing in Chrome

Jun 03, 2019

Good morning

I have an issue with some learners not being able to play the video content in a Rise course via Chrome.  This is hosted via our LMS as SCORM 1.2.

The video file is an mp4 and it's uploaded into a multimedia block.  

If freezes at different points in the video and the following error message appears:  'The media playback was aborted due to a corruption problem or because the media used features your browser did not support'

It seems to work OK in IE but our company recommended browser is Chrome so ideally need this to work via Chrome.

Can anyone offer me any advice on how to fix this issue?

Kind regards

Amy

1 Reply
Allison LaMotte

Hi Amy,

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble here.

Did you try uploading your course to SCORM Cloud to see if you experience the same behavior?

That's what we generally recommend doing to determine whether the problem stems from the course or the LMS. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.