Size of Rise Course

May 17, 2019

I have created a Rise course which has lots of videos embedded into it. When I published it  - it came to 1,4 gb and so I compressed the video files and have re uploaded them into Rise.

I have republished the rise course and it is exactly the same size. Why would this be?

An help much appreciated.

5 Replies
Charlotte Vinning

Hi Yes I fund that out - it was the gifs that were making the file large.
Today I have come across another issue of Cornerstone saying the file can't be loaded because: Multi standards (AICC/ SCORM/ xAPI) are not allowed in one file. Please create a separate file per each (AICC or SCORM or xAPI) and try again.

Any idea?

Charlotte Vinning
B2B Training Team | E-Learning Developer

M: 07773 047872
Experian UK&I |Riverleen House North Ground | Electric Avenue | Nottingham | NG80 1RH
Charlotte.Vinning@experian.com

Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other binding commitment through the use of this electronic communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian Limited standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement between Experian Limited and the recipient. Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure that this communication and any attachments are free from computer viruses, you are advised to take your own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

Experian Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Companies Act information: Registered name: Experian Limited. Registered office: The Sir John Peace Building, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom. Place of registration: England and Wales. Registered number: 653331.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Charlotte,

We're currently looking into this issue. I've tagged this discussion so I can update you with any changes!

In the meantime, Steve Flowers shared a workaround will help you upload your content in LMSs that are picking up on the tincan.xml file in your Rise 360 output. Thanks again for sharing, Steve!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

PS I noticed that your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if you would like by clicking Edit beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

Crystal Horn

Hey Charlotte. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 29 for Storyline 360! Here are all the details.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where a Tin Can file was showing up in Rise 360 courses that included a Storyline block, causing errors when uploading SCORM packages to your LMS.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360. After updating, please republish your Storyline project to Review 360 as HTML5-only, and reinsert your Storyline block in Rise 360. Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.