"Something went wrong" error message while authoring Rise course

Feb 02, 2023

Hi,

I'm trying to complete a course and am doing very simple edits to text. However, I suddenly have been getting the "Something went wrong" error message many, many times in a row and I'm losing work. I can't finish this course, what do I do?

I'm using the latest version of Chrome, I cleared my cache, restarted my computer, rebooted my internet and no luck. I also checked the Articulate status page and it says everything is operational.

Any and all help is very much appreciated!

Thank you,

Lisa

34 Replies
Amanda Wolfe

Hey folks, I was having this exact issue when trying to publish. I went back to try a course I had previously published and it didn't work either. I retraced my steps and realized I imported a custom font. Soon as I took that out (even though it was web font designed and owned by the company I work for) they published no problem. The incognito etc did not work for me, but soon as this was changed it worked no problem. 

Steven Benassi

Hi Steve!

Sorry to hear you've hit this setback!

I see that you've also opened a support case and connected with my colleague Mcgem. Great idea! It looks like Mcgem replied to your e-mail with feedback on this behavior. If those solutions don't do the trick, I'm hopeful our talented community will be able to offer additional insight!

Eric Santos

Hello Learning 1, 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out, and I'd love to help! To help us find the best way forward, please confirm how you're sharing the other Rise course. Did you point to a share link or the "index.html" file after publishing the course to Web?

I ran some tests on my end with a share link. Fortunately, the behavior did not happen. You may view my test course here. I added the share link for initial testing, but please note that share links should not be used for long-term hosting. It's possible that server issues when using a web publish may cause the errors you're seeing.

Also, have you tried using another browser with the latest updates to see if you can replicate the issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you.