Storyline 360 Blocks in Rise 360 Not Working with Mobile Preview

Jan 11, 2023

Hello,

I've been using Storyline 360 blocks in our Rise 360 content, and it's been a great addition! I've tried to test out the preview on desktop, tablet, and mobile but the Storyline 360 block does not work on the mobile preview. When I access the Storyline 360 block via mobile preview, there is a black screen with a play button but when I click the play button, nothing happens. Is this simply an issue with the preview button or are Storyline 360 blocks not compatible with mobile devices?

29 Replies
Alisa D

I was about to post the same issue about storyline not working in mobile mode but it turned out to just be an issue with preview with the desktops 'mobile view' not being able to play the storyline. When I previewed it on an actual phone it was playable! 

It would be nice if the storyline could also go full screen mode like when the videos get played (as storyline plays with the browser navigation bar still showing, while video doesn't,  but unsure if that is an iOS recognition side of it that is out of articulates control). 

Jose Tansengco

Hello HP Life,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this snag.

The behavior could be caused by your current hosting platform or the Storyline 360 project embedded in your course.

Can you see this behavior when you publish your Rise 360 course to Review 360? If yes, please share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can check what's causing the block to cause issues with scrolling. We'll delete it when we're done testing!

If the behavior can't be replicated in Review 360, test your course in SCORM Cloud to verify if the issue is LMS-specific. If your course works properly there, please work with the support team of your current hosting solution so they can check if anything needs to be adjusted on their end to correct the behavior.

Eric Santos

Hi HP Life,

I'm happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360. This update fixes the issue you encountered where learners could play a Storyline block and scroll through lesson content simultaneously. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export your Rise 360 course again.

Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!