Storyline Block in Rise in Mobile Device

Dec 17, 2019

I have been building Rise courses for the past year or so but I really like the two Storyline interactive activities I created. I placed them in Rise in a Storyline block and the web version looks great. But the mobile device version looks like another video (we already have a teaching video in this course) and I doubt anyone is going to want to click and watch a video. That means they lose out on an interactive learning activity. Is this fixable? Workarounds? Best practices?  (see attachment)

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Amelia!

What type of content is on your first Storyline slide?

• If it's just simple text and image content, then the slide will play automatically (no play button) on a desktop computer.
  • If you have audio or video on the first slide, you'll see a play button on top of the Storyline block.

You can get an idea of how the content will play in your LMS by viewing the Rise 360 Share link in your desktop web browser. 

Jérôme Lacquemant

Hi everyone !

I have the same problem. I use a normal slide (text and a button to go to the next slide).

It works on a desktop computer (as you said Alyssa). But why isn't it working on mobile and tablet ?

Why on mobile devices (as you said Crystal) isn't Storyline played automatically ?

A new feature incoming ?

Thanks for your answer