Storyline Block "Jumping" in Browser Window

Apr 27, 2018

Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into a similar issue: I built a long, narrow Storyline activity to incorporate into a course in Rise. The learner will scroll down to the "overlay" window to complete the activities. Most of the time, the screen stays there and the learner is able to seamlessly click through the activities, but in a few of these activities, when the learner selects the correct answer, the page jumps back up to the top of the Rise page and the learner has to scroll all the way back down to see the window. Is there a setting somewhere that indicates how the Storyline block is displayed and what the target point should be visually in the course? I've built another similar long-view Storyline activity and incorporated it into Rise, and it always seems to "sense" where the learner is in the page without all this jumping.

Is this anything under our control, or does Rise just decide what part of the screen it will display automatically with no control for the developer?

Here is the Storyline activity in question: https://rise.articulate.com/share/vlvy5--xI4752dseu7MmTOq7JiDj2IyX

Thank you to anyone who can assist! This community is the best. :)

34 Replies
Brian Bates

I'm also posting because I'm interested in the fix. I am having the same thing happen in my current course. I can see that the block is moving/resetting so you can see the top of the block when you click.

I'd love to see a software fix, rather than recreating my activity with different dimensions and hoping that a user doesn't scroll down too far.

Lauren Connelly

Hi all!

I'm excited to share that we've released Storyline 360 (Build 3.62.27371.0) and included in this update is the fix for the bug where Storyline blocks in Rise 360 courses could be off-center.

You'll want to update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app to take advantage of the other fixes included in this update!

Please don't hesitate to reach out in this discussion or in a support case if you have any questions!

Christopher Santos

Hi Cathleen,

Is your Storyline block still "moving" when off-centered in Rise 360?  If this is still happening even after updating your Storyline 360 application, do you mind sharing your file with us here so that we can investigate it?  Our support team will respond as soon as we receive your case.

Catherine Gorman

Hi folks. I'm also experiencing this bug with the most recent version of Storyline. I've submitted a support ticket, but in the meantime I'd be interested to know if there are any workarounds besides "make the course smaller and encourage learners to be intentional about where the course is on their screen?"