Storyline Embedded in Rise Publish to SCORM Error Publishing in Cornerstone

Jan 03, 2018

I have a Rise course that includes a brief interactive Storyline simulation with some minor branching.

I was able to export the Rise Page to Scorm 1.2 successfully.

Then, using Cornerstone's course publisher, I get the error "Error in Upload" with no additional feedback.  

Has anyone gotten a Rise Page with Storyline to work successfully as a SCORM file in Cornerstone?

24 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Lynn! 

It looks like Karen encountered a similar problem here in this thread, and she resolved it by deleting a duplicate javascript file in the output:

For others, if you have embedded a Storyline block there is a duplicate javacsript file in the output, delete one of them and then Cornerstone accepts it.

file is        'player-interface.js'

found in          zippedfolder /scormcontent/assets/[folder with random 16 char name/

Give it a try, and let us know if that solves it!

Keri Ferrell

I recently had a similar issue importing a course into our LMS. After much trial and error, I realized one of the video files that I imported into Rise had a title that was too long. Once I reduced the characters in the title length of the media file, I exported the course again, and it imported correctly into the LMS.

I hope this helps! 

Jessica  Sullivan

I am getting this error as well. But, my critical error does give an explanation. It says:

Multi standards (AICC/ SCORM/ xAPI) are not allowed in one file. Please create a separate file per each (AICC or SCORM or xAPI) and try again.
File: hosting-servers-scorm12-j0obpm8l.zip

I have not been able to find a fix for this yet. Anyone else?

Allison LaMotte

Hi Jessica and Michael,

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble here.

To figure out where the issue stems from, I recommend uploading your course to SCORM Cloud to see if you experience the same behavior. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Anu and all. We found that Cornerstone has changed some of their uploading protocols. Rise 360 courses that contain Storyline blocks are seeing errors when uploading their SCORM output to Cornerstone:

Multi standards (AICC/ SCORM/ xAPI) are not allowed in one file. Please create a separate file per each (AICC or SCORM or xAPI) and try again.

Check out this solution here. In the meantime, I'll tag this discussion so we can update you with any changes on the Articulate 360 side that will help!

Crystal Horn

Hey everybody. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 29 for Storyline 360! Here are all the details.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where a Tin Can file was showing up in Rise 360 courses that included a Storyline block, causing errors when uploading SCORM packages to your LMS.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360. After updating, please republish your Storyline project to Review 360 as HTML5-only, and reinsert your Storyline block in Rise 360. Let me know how you make out!

Daniel Mitchell

So... New info to add to this thread.

I ran into this issue in a major way this week. Now, after a LOT of trial and error, I solved my case. I had the critical error: "the file ___ already exists" when uploading to Cornerstone LMS. (Interestingly enough, SCORM Cloud test engine could handle the file perfectly).

I had a branching course in RISE, and had slightly different information in each branch, for different audiences. However, there was one embedded Storyline block that BOTH paths used. Apparently both of them tried adding the same files to the same folders, and confused Cornerstone's uploader. I finally figured this out, and solved the issue by re-converging the paths a bit sooner, placing the SL block in only one place.

Daniel Mitchell

Thanks. Because the problem only occurred on LMS upload, I couldn't just preview the course to find the solution. Had to re-scorm and re-upload every time I thought I had a solution. Was lots of (sarcastic) fun.

Looks like I'm still on the late May version of Storyline (3.40.22208.0). I'll run another update, but I don't think that was the problem. RISE and Storyline functioned as they should. SCORM Cloud understood the course perfectly.

Published with SCORM 2004 3rd Edition.

Daniel Mitchell

One RISE course and one SCORM file, but within the zip structure there were 31 individual files  that were duplicates. I tried unpackaging the zip file and removing one of each of the duplicates, then re-zipping, but then I got a different error. Instead of saying "...already exists" it would say "cannot find..."

Tom Oscar

Thanks for the offer Alyssia. I have logged this already with Articulate.

The issue for me was that I had the Storyline course twice as part of my RISE course. 

The problem is you can't include the same Storyline interaction twice in the same course! This is because when you a publish Rise with Storyline, there is a folder created for each Storyline interactions added to the SCORM assets folder. Within this folder, I ended up with two analytics-frame.html (among other duplicates).

Having the duplicate files with the same name and extension may cause an issue when the folder is unzipped on an LMS. 

Articulate has logged the issue as: "possible software bug."  

Madison Hollier

Hello,

Experiencing a similar issue. I created a short game to test xapi tracking in Cornerstone. Using Cloud was successful. I made updates/ changes to the game and tried to reupload the game that was saved as a new file and upload to cornerstone is failing (same tracking ID). How can I fix this without starting from 0? I thought that doing Save As on the updated game would make it separate.