45 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Miranda,

That hand icon is the indication to swipe up in Storyline to go fullscreen on a mobile device, and I've seen some instances where it doesn't disappear if the player is set to have all the options disabled (no controls like next, menu, etc.).

I haven't yet seen this happen in a Storyline block inside a Rise course though, so I'd like to take a look at yours! If you can include the Share link here I'll test it out.

Also, let me know what devices you're testing the course on! 

Miranda Lane

Hi Ashley,

You can see the hand icon here  in the storyline https://rise.articulate.com/share/VKMELe1GI01qpE2vxu8tjXQTTuzfP2oW. I have also attached a screenshot.

I can't see it when I review a course but when published for LMS it is there. Each time I publish it may show on any of the storyline blocks.

When we see it after publishing I have to go back to Rise and re upload the storyline which seems to fix it. It is not only this specific storyline file. It happens on a lot of them and seems to pick which ones at random.

I would really love to get to the bottom of this asap as we have to just keep republishing our courses until we get one with no hand icons on at all.

Thanks!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Pam,

Are you seeing the hand icon with the messaging Drag Up for Fullscreen? That should only be visible in a mobile playback, and although Fiona also mentioned it, our team has yet to see this. Do you have a Rise course link in your LMS or a screenshot of your desktop view you could share with us? 

If you need to share privately send right along to our Support Team and they'll be happy to help! 

EPD Seattle

I have the same issue with my courses and it is confusing users. The hand icon has appeared on desktop (PC and Mac, different browsers), as well as ipad and mobile. Usually it doesn't appear for all Storyline blocks in the Rise course, even though they all have the same settings. 

The courses are hosted on Azure.

Barry Pierce

Hello,

As of 07JAN19, I am having the above issues Strange Icon Anomalies, "Hand Icon with Drag up for fullscreen". Also, another strange icon on Imported Interactive Rise Block slides that contain Published Storyline360 Slide content with Player Style Modern and Menu & Control Options set to OFF. Desktop Course execution via Chrome and MS Edge browsers. Note: anomalies do not appear via Desktop Development Preview. See attachment

Barry Pierce

Yes - Issue still unresolved.

My Case #01652070 concerns the following issue:

As of 07JAN19, I am having the above issues Strange Icon Anomalies, "Hand Icon with Drag up for fullscreen". Also, another strange icon on Imported Interactive Rise Block slides that contain Published Storyline360 Slide content with Player Style Modern and Menu & Control Options set to OFF. Desktop Course execution via Chrome and MS Edge browsers. Note: anomalies do not appear via Desktop Development Preview.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D4ACB7.8EA35B10]

Barry Pierce
Information Systems Division
N. C. General Assembly
919-715-7836
919-754-3298 Fax
barry.pierce@ncleg.net

Tammy Davis

This happened to me too from an IE browser when I published to Articulate Review.  To make matters worse, I was unable to select the Tabs that were under the icon (see attached).  It was fine when I Previewed the Rise course, but when I published it to Review the hand icon was there. All the Storyline Player features were already off. I re-uploaded the Storyline into Rise with no luck, then re-uploaded the Storyline into Rise again and it was gone. A bit frustrating but glad I could get around it! Hoping for a fix soon.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.