Uploading a PDF

Nov 21, 2016

Just starting to play with Rise.  I'd like to embed a .pdf workbook for learners to print and use as they work through their lessons.  I cannot see how to upload a pdf.  Is this possible

37 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Nia!

Thanks for including those screenshots – that helps a lot! Here are a couple of things to keep in mind when naming a PDF:

• Any space in the PDF name will convert to a "20"
  • Any underscore "_" in a PDF name will convert to a hyphen "-"

If you want the PDF file name in the Rise 360 lesson to match the downloaded file name, use this naming convention:

Ethics-False-Assurance-Reflection-Questions.pdf

Give that a try, and let me know if it helps you!

Anja Sager

Hello! I used the attachment function to upload a pdf, however a user approached me that he is not able to open it and needs further permissions. Is this the case, because I saved the pdf on my computer and not somewhere on a website? Is there anything else I need to take care of? So far I'm not aware that the pdf is somehow restricted..

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Anja!

It sounds like you did everything correctly! I suspect this learner has browser restrictions that prevent them from downloading files. Ask this learner to open the course in a different web browser or in an incognito browser window.

If they still cannot download the PDF file, please have them take a full screen screenshot of the error message they're seeing. I'd love to have a closer look at that!