PowerPoint 2010 Issues

Feb 08, 2011

Hi -

I recently upgraded to PPT2010 and I found some problems when I republished a course:

• Text in notes is now bold
  • connector lines to objects are no longer straight
  • some slide text now bold

I'm on Articulate v6.3.1009.1313 Pro, Windows VIsta, PPT 2010.

Has anyone else had these problems? Anyone know of a fix?

Here are some screen grabs - the 2007 version is first.

18 Replies
Brian Batt

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure what is happening.  I would suggest you submit a case by following the steps below.

Please create an Articulate Presenter package, then upload the zip file to our server. You can review how to do this here: 

Send to Articulate Presenter Package – Articulate Presenter ’09 Help

Upload the resulting zip file from your computer to our server using this upload form: 

Articulate Support - Upload Your Files for Review 

Please be sure to include a description of your issue, your version of PowerPoint, version of Windows and version of Presenter '09 which you can find in Help and Support -> About Articulate Presenter. Please also include the URL for this thread so we can follow up with you in the forums.

Steve Jones

Bill Kemsley said:

I'm having th same problem: Lines appear slanted when published in Articulate.

This didn't happen until I updated to PPT 2010. Does anyone know how to fix it?

2 ways to fix:

1) subtract one-tenth (.1) of a point from the Z Rotation Axis.  More info here: http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=3234

2) Cut, then paste as an image.

Tana Lyman

We are having the same issue with text bolding itself in Articulate when it is not bolded in ppt.  Upon investigation the font appears to be defaulting to Arial body setting instead of plain Arial.  So far the only fix we've found is to remove the text box and insert a new one.  Quite annoying to say the least, so if anybody knows a better fix I would sure be interested!

P.S. We didn't have this issue until we installed Office 2010.

Peter Anderson

Hi Tana, 

Sorry for the trouble. Because this seems to be a rare issue, it may be really difficult for us to help troubleshoot without being able to work with the files. You're welcome to open a support case without attaching the project files, but I'm not sure we'd be able to help without access to those files. Anything you upload is kept strictly confidential, and if you'd like, we'd be happy to sign any non-disclosure agreement if that would help. Thanks for understanding

Justin Grenier

Good Morning, Tana.

I do see that in Steve's case, we needed to import his file to a new PowerPoint presentation in order to resolve the improperly-bolded text.  This generally indicates that the original file was corrupt in some way.

Here are the steps we took:

1. Open a blank presentation in PowerPoint. 
  2. Save the presentation. 
  3. Click the Home tab. 
  4. Click the drop-down arrow beside New Slide and select Reuse Slides. 
  5. Click the Browse button and select Browse File. 
  6. Locate your original PowerPoint file and click the Open button. 
  7. At the bottom of the Reuse Slides panel, ensure “Keep source formatting” checkbox is not selected. 
  8. Right click the first slide in the Reuse Slides panel and select Insert All Slides.

Please let us know if you need anything else.  Thanks!

Brian Wrest

Oh no...absolutely horrifying for me now as I am in the process of updating 8 courses, all filled with technical graphics built native in Powerpoint.

Go to re-export them and voila...not a single straight vertical or horizontal line among approximately 300 pages of courseware.

My stomach is in absolute knots at the prospect of haveing to go through and doing a cut n' paste on these graphics to ensure I have "straight lines".

Does ANYONE have another solution???

In the meantime, I need to see if I can get Powerpoint 97 BACK on a machine and then re-install articulate...but now I fear what's going to happen to files if I go BACK????

Looks like I'll be spending time doing lots of backups.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.