Studio 360 and PowerPoint

Mar 10, 2023

With Studio 360 installed, I go to PowerPoint and attempt to insert a character, photo,  etc. and have already saved the presentation locally to my Desktop and My Documents. When I go to insert, I get a message "Online presentations aren't supported. Save a copy to your local drive to continue." My company has very strict firewall rules in place and automatically backs up the content from my Quick Access, Desktop and My Documents. Is this what might be causing the error message? My workaround was to use Storyline to grab the image and store as a png file. This is an extra step I was hoping to avoid. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!

2 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Andrea, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

If your machine has a program that automatically backs up your content to another location such as a network drive, there's a chance that this might be what's causing Studio 360 to identify the environment as being online. Would it be possible for you to turn off the automatic sync to troubleshoot if this is indeed the cause? 

If you are unable to do so, open a case with our support team here so we can get you in touch with our support engineers. They can continue troubleshooting your installation with you to help identify other possible solutions.