Fuzzy text and images SL360 in Chrome

Nov 28, 2016

I am trying out SL360 and I run into a very ugly problem. When using Chrome (version 54.0.2840.99 m) the sharpness of text and images go from very blurry to sharp depending on the size of my browser window. IE11 neither SL2 has this problem. 

I do want the ability to scale the output (player options, Player size: Scale player to fill browser window). Does anyone know this problem and how to overcome this?

199 Replies
Mark Wilson

Hi all,

Just wanted to add my voice to say that I am also waiting for a solution to the blurry text in Chrome when shown in HTML5 and expanded to fit full screen.

Of course the only reason I am allowing the courses to resize is because I want to make sure they work laptop screens without scroll bars and I would actually prefer it if we could allow courses to shrink down to fit but not go larger than the optimal size (but that's another issue all together).

I have attached a screenshot of the blurry text.

Ameba Aaa

Hi all,
I noticed that changing the zoom in Chrome, depending on screen ratio, the result is better: images and texts become less blurry.
Retina monitor works better than the "normal" one, in fact this strange effect could be related to the lower pixel density (https://www.reddit.com/r/web_design/comments/21o6h9/is_it_possible_to_improve_svg_antialiasing_chrome/)

Sheryl Payton

I'm checking in as well. We have many graphics that appear very blurry using SL360 when viewing in the Review tool on Chrome. Will they be just a blurry when we publish to HTML5?

Publish settings are set to the highest quality, images are not resized in SL360. We are using png or jpeg files that do not look blurry before publishing.

Miroslav Hes

Hi, new subscriber to discussion. We report the same problem with fuzzy HTML5 output in Chrome (AS2, AS3 now). There is not improvement in new AS3 or Chrome updates (IE and FF work perfect). It is a BIG problem now, because some of our customers started to block a flash already. Chrome 61.0.3163.100, output in attachment. Thanks for solution as soon as possible.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks all for the additional screenshots.  Our team was also testing and is seeing a discrepancy within Chrome too - so we're still working on next steps to resolve this. 

I also wanted to point out that we'd always recommend testing the content in the publish environment (vs. locally as the screenshot shows). 

Ben Hancock

Well it finally happened. Today we lost a massive contract that we were bidding for because they compared our solution to a competitors and they could not live with the way the screens blurred within Chrome. I explained the issue to them and suggested other browsers etc but they are a large company with thousands of employees and rightly so they want people to use chrome if that is their browser of choice. We, and I mean all of your customers, need a fix or a workaround to this problem asap. Please help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.