Next button timing

Jan 12, 2018

My course is built but the client wants a 3 to 4 second delay before making the Next button active on each slide. Is there a way to do this?

82 Replies
Walt Hamilton

LaVon,

Here are some steps to start clearing up the trouble with LP9 Roles.

This trigger works if BOTH BusinessVisited and Comvisited are False, but I think you want to show the layer if EITHER one of them is False. To do that, change the "and" to "or". Then if either is not True, the layer will show.

Here is what happens when a user clicks "Next":

The program evaluates and executes ALL of these triggers

So it looks like this

The layer is shown if neither slide has been visited, but whether the layer is showing or not -

The program jumps to Slide 1.8 if BusinessVisited is True and BusinessVisited is not True. Since it cannot be both True and not True, nothing every happens here. I think these triggers will get what you want

Note that there is no need for the layer, because I think you are trying to set it up to jump to the unvisited slide if they click next before visiting both slides.

The first time through, the user clicks Next, and if Committee isn't visited, it jumps to Committee, and ignores the rest of the triggers.

If Committee is visited the jump to committee trigger is ignored. If Executive is not visited, then the program jumps to Executive,

If both committee and Executive have been visited, then both triggers are ignored, and the jump to LP9 Cont is made.

There are other ways to do this, and I generally prefer the method Wendy will come up with, but this will work if you are committed to it. You will have to make one other change, and that is to go to both the Committee slide and the Executive slide and create another trigger on each of them. They must have a means of setting the Comvisited or BusinessVisited variables to true, or the user would always click Next and go to the committee slide, and never advance.

The way those slides are set up right now, the Adjust variable trigger must be in the list BEFORE the jump to trigger.

LaVon Bowman

When I preview a course using Articulate Storyline 360 itself, the course works fine. When I preview it in Articulate 360 Review I getting the spinning wheel and it stalls. It is not one spot in the lesson but different everytime I launch the lesson. Yesterday it worked fine. This morning Spinning Wheels. What is causing this? 

LaVon Bowman

Wendy,

after the course is on the LMS the "Exit" button at the end of each lesson does not work. I looked it up on Articulate and it tells me to change a setting in a Configuration file. I tried this but it will not let me change and save. I do have admin rights on my computer. Below are the directions from Articulate.

When publishing for LMS, be sure to test your content in your LMS. If you view a course that was published for LMS on your local hard drive, the Exit course trigger won't work.

If the Exit course trigger still doesn't work after uploading the course to your LMS, try the following:

Locate the Configuration.js file in the following directory, depending on your versions of Storyline and Windows:

Storyline 360
 32-bit Windows:
C:\Program Files\Articulate\360\Storyline\Content\lms
64-bit Windows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Articulate\360\Storyline\Content\lms

Open the Configuration.js file in a text editor, such as Notepad.
Change this line: var EXIT_BEHAVIOR = “SCORM_RECOMMENDED”;

To: var EXIT_BEHAVIOR = “ALWAYS_CLOSE”;
Republish your course.
If it still doesn't work, try changing the line in step 3 to:

var EXIT_BEHAVIOR = “ALWAYS_CLOSE_TOP”;

Wendy Farmer

Hi LaVon

so you're saying you've made the suggested changes and it still doesn't work?

If you let folks know which LMS you are using someone might be able to chime in and let you know if they have a workaround.  Have you tested the course on SCORMcloud (Industry standard LMS) - if it works and successfully exits there, it may be an option in your LMS that needs tweaking.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.