Publish as Video Feature not Working in Storyline 360.

Feb 08, 2018

I've tried many attempts to publish my Storyline 360 file as a video. I was extremely excited about this new feature,but it's not working properly. It either takes hours to publish and I end up getting an error message saying the file is too large (I don't think a 15 page course is very large), or it creates a five second video that is nothing but a blank screen. 

I made sure to select 'the entire course' for my publish options. Why is this feature not working?

Thanks,

Cassandra 

59 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hey Katherine,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you're getting stuck when publishing to video in Storyline. 

Glad to see that you are using the latest version.

Would you be able to share the .story file so that we could take a look? If you cannot share it here in the forums, you are welcome to share it here privately.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Hollie.  I agree - sounds pretty basic.  I did a test with a similarly built slide, and I didn't have any loss of the timeline in the video.  Can I have a closer look at your .story file for testing?  You can use the Add Attachment button in your reply or share it with me privately if it's sensitive.

We'll figure it out together!

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Douglas and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you are running into an issue as well.

I took a look at your file shared here and it stalled for me too.

I've opened up a support case on your behalf so that one of our support engineers can take a closer look.

You should be hearing from someone soon.

Lowell N

I'm having this same issue (again) with publishing a video.  It worked (publishing to video) several months ago, but not now.  The only changes to the file were the addition of two slides and a trimming of dead space. 
After 90 minutes, the 15+ minute course is still not published.  I've shared the file here. 
Please help.  

Michel Jennings

Hi! I have the latest version of Storyline. My video is not synced with my audio. Also, I am having the same issues as a year ago. When I publish to video I get a blank 5 second video clip and that is it. I have tried multiple times and am getting no where. Highly annoying especially since I just bought the software. Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Michel.  I'm sorry you're hitting some annoying roadblocks.  With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here.  I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting. 

We'll work through some next steps together!

Leslie McKerchie

Hey everyone,

It looks like Douglas deleted his posts above, but I have some information to share for anyone who may have been following along with his original post:

We just released another update for Articulate 360 and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here

The item you'll be interested in is:

Publishing a project as a video failed when there was an exit course trigger on a slide less than five seconds long.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.