Storyline 360 - Animate In By Paragraph Missing Words and Lines

Aug 06, 2021

I'm encountering a super frustrating bug in Storyline 360. 

Whenever I use the Animate In By Paragraph option, there is a chance that it will either;

1. Completely skips lines in the paragraph,
  2. Completely skip an entire paragraph, or,
  3. Delay the paragraph from appearing, throwing off all timings for the rest of the slide.

I've found a "fix" where I just move the paragraph back and forth in the timeline, and it seems to fix it, but then it also appears that they just decide to break on their own. So I fix the issue, it previews correctly, I move on to other slides to fix the issue, and it just breaks again, but sometimes it doesn't break, but one that previously worked fine, now no longer works. Then, when I publish the module to Review 360 or to a SCORM, I find that they are broken again. 

I've attached a video to further demonstrate the issue. 

I've tried updating SL, rewriting the paragraphs, and even just starting again, but I have had this happen in 3 separate storyline files on multiple machines now. 

Any assistance would be great, as this bug is making the review process of making modules extremely tedious and makes SL nearly unusable. 

Pinned Reply
Lauren Connelly
Hi everyone!

I'm happy to share that we just released Storyline 360 (Build 3.70.29211.0)! In this update, we've released the fix for the bug where text boxes that animate by paragraph might not load consistently.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app! If you run into any issues, please reach out to us by submitting a support case!
74 Replies
Think Big1

Hi, Stacey. Did you try the fix I proposed in an earlier post?

"I think I've made a slight discovery. The "disappearing text" seems to happen when line spacing is set to multiple, for example, 1.1 lines. Setting it to "Single" fixes it. Or, you can incorporate the line spacing into a new text style and then apply the style, and that works, too. (in other words, applying line spacing with formatting breaks it, applying it with a style doesn't.) It also seems to fix the issue of animated paragraphs appearing at different times than they're scheduled to appear according to the Timeline."

Also, I think they might have fixed the issue in the Nov. release/update.

- Karin