Are You Interested in Local Articulate User Groups?

Nov 24, 2014

Hey gang,

I'm looking to gauge level of interest in starting some local Articulate user groups; I mean interest in terms of attending, participating, and/or hosting these groups.

A user group is a gathering of people with a shared interest, in this case, Articulate software. These would be fun, casual, and informal get-togethers that allow people to network with other Articulate and e-learning professionals, learn new things, and share cool discoveries or projects they've created.

Let me know if you're interested in this idea and what city you'd like to see the user groups in by leaving a comment below. 

Thanks!

269 Replies
Jerson  Campos

So . . .  anyone want to clue me in on what would actually be done in these user groups?  I've been to all night LAN parties (yes I'm a geek), but I don't think the agenda will be similar.  Will we be gathering around sharing our horror client stories while we knock back a few? Sharing industry secrets and trends? Demonstrate some cool new tricks in our favorite software? Plot to take over the ID world?

Bruce Graham

For the UK event Phil and I are planning, we see it as a daytime event, (sorry - times and locations are guaranteed to be great for some and awful for others!), perhaps 5 x 10-15 minute presentations on a technique or a skill, then everyone has a go at creating something. Perhaps a "simple to spectacular" session, (how to use the Menu, how to customise the menu, how to create a custom menu, how to make a custom menu fly with audio and state adjustment - for example). Group speed-ID'ing - pick a topic (unseen), 5-minutes to design a 5-minute module, pass to another team, (so you CAN be evil if you want, but then....so can they, so we are actually playing Prisoner's Dilemma...), 20 minutes to build something, 10 minutes to present it.

That's the sort of thing I imagine anyway...

Melanie Latham

Hi Bruce, I am UK based (North West) and would be very interested in attending your event as would some of my colleagues I assume. We have recently started using Articulate for our E-Learning and whilst I'm not sure I could contribute much, this is definitely something I would like to attend and learn from. Please can you keep me in the loop? Thanks a lot :)

andy bruce-lockhart
Bruce Graham

For the UK event Phil and I are planning, we see it as a daytime event, (sorry - times and locations are guaranteed to be great for some and awful for others!), perhaps 5 x 10-15 minute presentations on a technique or a skill, then everyone has a go at creating something. Perhaps a "simple to spectacular" session, (how to use the Menu, how to customise the menu, how to create a custom menu, how to make a custom menu fly with audio and state adjustment - for example). Group speed-ID'ing - pick a topic (unseen), 5-minutes to design a 5-minute module, pass to another team, (so you CAN be evil if you want, but then....so can they, so we are actually playing Prisoner's Dilemma...), 20 minutes to build something, 10 minutes to present it.

That's the sort of thing I imagine anyway...

count me in bruce - could probably help by physically hosting it, depending on size, if a london venue is needed, given enough notice that is!

OWEN HOLT
Jerson Campos

So . . .  anyone want to clue me in on what would actually be done in these user groups?

A colleague of mine just helped set up a group in Dallas in association with the local ATD (formerly ASTD) chapter. I'll ask her for some more information on how they plan to spend their time, how often they plan to meet, etc. 

Maybe that would be a good thread in and of itself. The "Articulate User Group Support" thread....

Nicole Legault

Great idea about the new thread, Owen. In fact, I was thinking of starting just such a thread.

On that note, Community Members Natalia Mueller and Greg Damron have also collaborated to host a very successful Storyline User Group going in St-Louis, Missouri that has been meeting for almost a year now. I'll ask them to comment on the discussion/thread when it gets going. 

Kimberly Valliere

Courtney--there is one in Dallas! email me at ntexaug@gmail.com. Our next meeting is Feb 4 from 5-7 probably in Plano.

Owen--there's one in Austin! Led by Victoria Aleman. If you email me at the address above, I'd be happy to pass along her contact information privately. (Same goes for any ATX area people)

Victoria Aleman

Owen - Kim's right.  The Central Texas Articulate User Group (CTAUG) meets 4x's a year on 3rd Thursday of January, April, July, and October 1:30-3:30 at TxDOT on Riverside Dr.

Here's the CTAUG websitehttps://sites.google.com/site/ctaugaustin/home

I see you're emailing Kim.  I asked her to share my email with you.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.