Forum Discussion

AriAvivi-744c07
Community Member
23 days ago

Closed captions not appearing

Not sure what happened with the last update, but now closed captions are not appearing on my video.

The project is a single slide, video dropped in and the srt file uploaded.  

when i look at the captions editor all the captions are there, when I preview the file, the first caption appears then nothing after that.

This issue started today after the update, didn't have the issue earlier today when i did the exact same process.

anyone else seeing this?

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Everyone,

We've released Update 91 this morning which includes a fix for when only the first line of closed captions is displayed. To take advantage of this fix, you can update your Articulate 360 desktop app.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional assistance!

LarryBurke
        Community Member

This Update did NOT work. Now the CC button randomly shows on some slide and not on others, even though it's selected in the Player Controls.

• Any update on this. Update 91 has its own issues as noted by Larry. The captions will start and then the CC button will go away. Clicking Prev brings it back for a while and then it will go away. For the time being, I am running the last July update.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi ErnieHohengasse & ShawnMcCreight!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

It would be easier to troubleshoot this behavior if we could see copies of the .story files that are giving you trouble. Do you mind sharing that here in the discussion or privately through a support case?

We'll let you know as soon as we receive it!