Forum Discussion

TracyMaddox
Community Member
3 months ago

Jump to next slide issue

I have a branching scenario where depending on which hotspot the learner clicks on slide 1.61 they'll jump to either slide 1.62 or 1.67, then finish the simulation. The branching from 1.61 to 1.62 or 1.67 is fine. However, if a learner chooses the 1.62 path, instead of jumping to the ending slide (slide # 1.72) and finishing the simulation, they are routed back through the other branching scenario (slides 1.67-1.71). I'm sure this is a simple fix, but I cannot figure out what is wrong. 

Below are screenshots of the branching within the story view, slide 1.66 base layer, and slide 1.66 incorrect layer. I've tried deleting the branch, the hotspots, and the triggers. 

Nedim
    Community Member

Switch to the Form View and type "Correct" in the Feedback Correct field to activate the "Correct" layer. Do the same for both Hotspot slides from which you jump to the "Thank you" slide. Draw a wide white rectangle over Correct layer because it will briefly show when you click the Close button. right before it jumps to the "Thank you" slide. Attached is corrected version of your .story file.

• Troubleshooting without being able to see the actual slides is just guessing. If you upload it, someone might be able to solve the issue. Here are the best practices for uploading a .story file:

• Only include slides that are related to the problem. Start a new project, and import slides 1.62 to 1.66 and 1.72
    • If there is proprietary content, replace or delete it. For example, replace proprietary text with “lorem ipsum” text.
    • Use a browser to come to this page, and click "Add Attachment at the bottom of your post to upload.