New in Review 360: Request Review

Jun 20, 2023

Are you sick of chasing down stakeholders to get them to review your courses? If so, you’re going to love being able to request and track reviews directly in Review 360. This handy new option will you save time—and headaches—by eliminating the need for endless back and forth with your stakeholders about where they’re at in the feedback process.

Here’s how it works: When you open a course in Review 360, you’ll see an all-new Review Request button.

Image of 360 Review Request Review

Once you’ve selected that button, simply add stakeholder email addresses, share any additional information they might need, choose a due date, and hit Send Request.

Image of Request Review adding reviews to a review

From there, Review 360 saves you time by taking over the notification process. It will email reviewers about your project right away. And if you add a due date, it’ll automatically send reminder nudges to your reviewers just before, on, and after that date if they haven’t finished looking over your course.

And that’s not all! You and your stakeholders can now easily see where everyone is in the review process right within Review 360 thanks to the status labels that appear next to each reviewer’s name.

Image of Request Review reviewers statuses

So you won’t need to email stakeholders to check up on them because you’ll already know what’s going on. 

If you’re an Articulate 360 subscriber, you can access this new feature immediately in Review 360. And if you don’t have Articulate 360 but want to try out this feature, you can start a free 30-day trial. For more detailed information about this feature, check out this helpful article: Review 360: Request Review.

So let us know what you think of this new Review 360 feature in the comments below.

The Review 360 Team

Pinned Reply
Dan Backes

Hi, everyone!

On behalf of the Review 360 Team, I'd like to thank you all for the valuable feedback. Your suggestions through the beta program guided us to develop additional features, such as:

• Allowing stakeholders to reset their status after completing a review for more flexibility.
  • Sending a request to multiple reviewers simultaneously by copying and pasting their email addresses in bulk.
  • Boosting the engagement in review request messages with a new text-formatting toolbar.

Request review is no longer in beta, but we're continuing to gather feedback and enhance the feature. You can still share your ideas through this discussion or the in-app "Share You Feedback" link.

A screenshot of the Request Review Panel showing the "new" label.

105 Replies
Paul Tottle

(I see I'm repeating some previously mentioned ideas)

I'm testing it at the end of a project with main stakeholders needing to sign-off. Ideally I would be able to change the text 'Completed' to 'Final Sign-off'.

This would also be very useful for the whole project and so have two categories to use - review and then later activate for 'final sign-off'.

Also it would be great if it automatically (once switched on) adds reviewers names if they log in. Many of my reviewers are recommended by team leaders and the first I know is I get their review comments. (So it would also be like a log, and track how many people have viewed/reviewed it)

Another option - reviewer can immediately 'uncomplete', in case they press it by mistake (ie have a delay on it). Or use a second dialogue box 'You have completed your review?' Yes No
[I clicked it, wanting to see what happened!]

Cathy Thornhill

I am very excited about this, but have run into a glitch. I fully understand this is in Beta and hope that my input can help.

I added one of our non-seated team members to do a QA and she did not receive the email. In subsequent testing, I've successfully added other non-seated accounts (my personal email, for example) - all of those received the email invite. I have also tried deleting her as a reviewer and adding her back (three times), with no success.

We have thoroughly checked her email account (i.e., Junk, Other, full search for Review 360) and I've checked quarantine on the server side. No trace of a request email for her. I shared the link with her and she has gone in and made a few comments using the email address that the invite when to - but it doesn't show that she has viewed the course. 

Any suggestions you can offer would be helpful. I would be worried about inviting a client to review a course and relying on the system to get the message to them. 

Rebecca Wong

This is a great new feature!

I love that it sends automatic reminders. Do we know exactly how often that happens? I saw the note about it notifying reviewers before, on, and after the due date, but our team was wondering the exact number and timing of those notifications.

It would be helpful if the message I include to the reviewers could support some formatting (bold font and bullet points specifically). 

Finally, while testing this feature within our team, we noticed the comments of someone who received a forwarded link were not marked as comments of the person who forwarded their individual link - which is great! If Sharon forwarded a link to Chanelle, we'd want to know which comments were made by each person and not have everything labeled "Sharon." However, Chanelle (the person with the forwarded link) WAS able to click the "I'm done reviewing" button and mark Sharon's review complete. We're guessing that's a bug? Because the first time Chanelle attempted to click that button, she got the message that she was not allowed to complete the review. It was only after leaving some comments and moving around in the course that the button appeared to become active again and allowed her to complete the review as Sharon, the person who had forwarded her the link. 

Teresa Vanderpost

I just tested this for the first time today.  I was able to add non-seat holder emails, I was able to customize my note to them for what I wanted.

I think Chris' idea is really important.

So today they are Reviewers for the first edit, they will add comments for me to take a look at and update the module accordingly.  Beside their email would be great to see something like: Initial Review complete.

Then we usually do a second review and one of the SME's have approved rights.

So would be great to have a Secondary Review complete, then Approved/Signed Off.  When we see this we know we can zip and put into the LMS.

Something like that, so almost like the Reviewer could open up a drop down list to make the selection vs one button.

But I realize I may be asking for too much :)  But if you don't ask you don't get :).

Jeff Birkholz

Hello all!

First of all I want to thank everyone who has provided such amazing feedback as well as so many great ideas on how to keep improving the Request Review experience! We have loved hearing the stories of how this is already making your jobs easier while at the same time, what we could do to make it even better!

We recently added (and you may have already noticed!) the new “Beta Feedback” link within the request review beta dropdown. Our goal with this is to make it easier for everyone to give feedback as you are using Request Review.

Screenshot of Request Review Beta Feedback Link

If you have already provided feedback on this post or by reaching out to support you don’t need to enter your feedback again! Rest assured I’ve captured everything, even if I didn’t reply here or reach out to you directly.

Thank you all again so much for your feedback. It’s been great to see all your thoughts and ideas. The team can’t wait to keep improving this experience for all of you!

For anyone who came here to leave feedback here's a direct link to the feedback form.

Mark Hahm

This is a great idea!  Three questions: 1) Roughly, when will this feature likely be 100% ready (done with testing)?  2) Can we see the progress of stakeholders who do not have a Storyline account (people referred to as "non-seat holders" in the earlier posts)?  3) Can the process of someone who receives a review link (but not assigned by a direct email address) be monitored as well? 

Thanks. 

Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your thoughts on the Request Review feature!

Please use our direct link to the feedback form if you have additional comments or ideas as our team reviews everything that is submitted. In the meantime, I'm happy to answer some of your questions!

• Currently, there is no way to lock the due date selected, so that stakeholders cannot change it.
  • You can add the email address of a reviewer who doesn't have a seat on the team and will still be able to track their progress. That being said, you cannot track the progress of someone who may view the Review link without being sent a Review request invite.

I hope this helps!

Kim Clarkson

Hi, 

I am testing this out because I would like to use it with our SMEs for an upcoming review. I have the Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment selected, however when someone without an articulate ID tries to leave a comment they are prompted to set up an account. Is there a way to use this with individuals in which they do not have to set up an account even a free one?

Thanks