Error Message when upload published Rise file to SuccessFactors LMS

Has anyone been able to import a published Rise SCORM 1.2 to SuccessFactors LMS?

I have created a Rise eLearning module, published it for LMS (SCORM 1.2) and attempted to import the .zip to Successfactors LMS. However, I keep getting this error: An error was detected: getzipFile(filename,uploadID,addXMLFilesOnly) error occured while retrieving the file from db. I have researched on SuccessFactors Help portal and they recommend removing the </IOM> from the manifest file and re-zipping. However, I cannot find any </IOM> reference in the manifest file. 

8 Replies
Stephen Wilhite

Sarel, when you say "export titles etc." are you referring to asset filenames? Would length potentially also be an issue?

Also, are underscores considered special characters? I've found that the character assets in the Articulate Content Library all have underscores in the filenames, so it seems unlikely that this is the issue, but I'm grabbing at straws right now.

Dana Collins

Alyssa, Sarel's "fix" does not resolve my issue. I have removed the hyphens from the course title (that appears on the zip file) and the course still "Fails" in SuccessFactors LMS. I am able to publish both Storyline and Studio courses without issue, but those are both desktop applications with a 2-step zipping process. Something is different with Rise. I'm thinking that since Rise is web based and has a 1 step zipping process that it must be publishing a zip file with different attributes.

My company is still at a stand still with using Rise. Can you please provide any further guidance?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Dana.

Have you had success uploading your Rise 360 output file to another LMS environment, like SCORM Cloud

We generally compare the behavior in SCORM Cloud to your LMS experience to try to parse out Rise 360 issues versus LMS issues.  We are happy to help you with that testing if you'd like to share your output file here!

Stephen Wilhite

Just got a response from Articulate Support that did the trick. @Dana you are absolutely right. It has to do with the zip file exported from Rise.

To fix, extract the zip file and then re-zip using whatever compression utility you normally use. Don't change the folder structure at all. That should do the trick.