77 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Benjamin! 

I saw you also asked about this on the Peek video I created but I wanted to pop my response in here too! The Exit course that you'll see at the top in an LMS export is designed to return you to the LMS.

If you're exporting for no LMS - web only, you can use the Blocks button option and that'll place an exit functionality at the point of your choice in the course. That will close the window/tab that the course is being viewed in.  You'll see that around the 1:10 mark in the Peek video.

Let us know if you need anything else! 😀

Carolyn Viso

Hi guys, has anyone else been having issues with the Exit Course button not working in Rise? I've been creating a series of Rise courses and uploading them to our LMS. The first five I created work fine, but for anything I've exported in the last few days, the Exit Course button just does nothing when pressed, on PC and mobile. I haven't changed my Export settings or course structure at all.

Can anyone shed some light on this or had a similar experience? 

Thanks
Carolyn

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks so much for bringing this up. We're seeing the same behavior you're describing, so we've logged it as a possible bug. For now, you'll need to close the browser manually to exit the course.

I’ll let you know as soon as we have an update on this issue. Thanks so much again for letting us know about this, and I’m sorry if it’s slowing you down!

Alyssa Gomez

Hello again Carolyn!

Just wanted to update you here that we pushed out a fix for this issue in Rise, so you should be all set to re-export your course and have it work as expected. Let me know if you run into any issues with that, or if you need anything else!

You can stay up to date with all of our new fixes and releases right here. 😀

Ole Haag

+1 for close button in Rise - or Return home, or ability to add a link to the Continue divider button to enable users to get back to the home page where the courses are posted.

Info: currently we post courses that are not in the LMS, as we have n o need to track users. So the Rise courses are "stand alone". Thus nice to enable Return Home (to course page)

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kay,

I think James was also looking for the Close/Exit button in Rise. We added that feature back in May 2017 where you can now set buttons in block lessons to leave the course, or add an ever-present link that lets learners return to an LMS.

Take a look at the video here, and let me know if you need anything else! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Deeksha, 

Thanks for the video! That was really helpful. It looks like you're not able to click the lightbox close button in your Storyline course because it is hidden. 

We were seeing this issue in an earlier update of Storyline 360, but we've since released a fix for it. 

Did you publish this content with the latest update of Storyline 360? To check, click the Help tab, then click About Storyline. You should see 3.15.15581.0 in the bottom-right corner.