40 Replies
Vish Kee

Hi Zsolt,

I tried your steps and unfortunately it is not working, i noticed the code makes reference to lesson ID to be #List 

But it seems currently the lesson ID's are showing as /lessons/cIrFZNJRInXdAIIvxOBg-s4jVs79B69W

Could you please let me know if the script still works as-is.

Thanks in advance

Shailesh M

Thanks Zsolt, for sharing the awesome trick!

Dear All,

Unfortunately :( the Rise structure is changed and due to that the code is not working.

I have updated the existing JS file and it is working fine. 

The package is tested on SCORM Cloud and the completion is working fine.
But if there is any scenario where the user might not visit/view all the hidden lessons then the completion won't work as the course status won't reach to 100%. In that case custom completion have to be added.

--- Screenshot of main page before and after apply the code
--- SCORM package, extract and check the file under 'scormcontent' folder
--- Updated 'zsolt.js', kindly use this updated file
--- Of course the IDs will not be like '1,2,3 etc' but it will be the same which displays on rollover 
--- The navigation arrows are disabled in the package

Enjoy till the Rise structure get changed again :)

Articulate should provide this feature in the Rise authoring itself so that no any tweaks required like this.

Thank you.

Zsolt Olah

Hi Shailesh,

I just saw this post, thanks for taking on the updates! I also updated some of the code on my blog. For some reason now both /lessons/ and the /list/ format are used (which maybe a but maybe not). Normally, it's lessons in the URL but when you click on a button to go to a different branch the URL has the old list format... So, I updated to accommodate both of them.  

Zsolt Olah

For those who need the Rise module to send completion, even if the user hasn't gone through all the content (because it's hidden), there are a couple of workarounds:

- If you have a quiz, it can drive completion

- If you insert a Storyline block, that can drive completion. (Although, on mobile, the user has to click on the play button first to initiate the interaction with Storyline. )

- You can set the Rise content to send completion manually. Try this: http://bit.ly/2yeH613

Alexander  Leal

Thank you for sharing this Zsolt.

I got this working on my module. However, when I land on the course, the landing page where we have the course description still shows the complete list of chapters. is there a way to hide this without hiding the full left sidebar? Is there something I missed?

Alex

Roxy Diolazo

Hello,

I'm also in need of this feature and I'm so happy to have found your solution, Zsolt! Thanks so much!

However, like the previous 2 posts, I'm also having trouble with the front page. The lessons that I want to hide are still showing up, but only on that page. 

Once I start the course, the menu on the left side starts to successfully hide the lessons. 

If anyone has any updates on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Cherylyn-Rae Stewart

Hi, this is a great solution - thank you Zsolt :)
I am also looking for an update on the ability to hide the chapter links on the landing (Instructions) page.  I also get the links at the bottom of the page that allow the user to jump to the hidden branched content instead of to the end of the scenario page.  
Any updates would be a great help.

Cherylyn-Rae Stewart

Hi Alyssa, thanks for your response. I need the sidebar to be available for my course but I have now switched Prev/Next to off. However after applying Zsolt's fake/hidden branching workaround I still get the lesson links appearing on the landing page of the course. I also need the lessons to appear on the landing page but not those specific lessons that I want to hide.

I have in the meantime created a Storyline block to do what I needed this time but I will be interested to see if there are any developments that I can apply the next time I need this functionality.