Images won't upload in Rise

Apr 17, 2018

I am having trouble uploading my own images into Rise. When I try uploading in Blocks it continues to tell me there was an issue and to try again. When I try to upload in the Labeled Graphic, it says it is uploading, but never does. 

93 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry you all ran into trouble uploading images into Rise 360.

You should now be able to successfully upload the image, even if the file name contains spaces. Be sure to refresh your browser to take advantage of this bug fix.

If you are still having trouble, please open a case here and share the image file with our team. 

Tanya Corlett

Hi,

This also was happening here an hour or so ago, uploading just stalled. We were trying to change the background in a scenario block to one of the other images from the content library. System hung for around 15 minutes then we had to cancel out.

We tried a browser refresh and were now rewarded with the loss of the scene we were working on from the training course. Thank heavens we had not got too far in its construction.

There is definitely something odd as although we have a fast connection here the delay when switching from 'edit' mode to 'preview' mode is very noticeably longer than was the case six months ago. Sometimes it is so slow that we have clicked multiple times before there was any reaction from the system.

As we're based in the UK we've tried accessing the system early in the day, before continental America gets going, hoping that the system will be less busy, but this is not the case.

Was there a recent infrastructure refresh that might be something to do with these issues?

David Lees

The problem is still occurring on my end, Tried updating Chrome, Uninstalling, and Even trying a different browser. The only problem that i am still having is with uploading images and videos, the content will eventually upload but sometimes you have to cancel and retry a couple of times for it to upload successfully. I have found that on the odd occasion when you cancel the upload after it has been hanging for a while the image or video will show up instantly. Internet speed/connection is not an issue for us.

Tanya Corlett

On Microsoft Edge Version 44.17763.1.0 interaction such as typing text has slowed to a crawl, images upload spasmodically.

On Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) uploading images is still flaky but we can access the system.

For us, at present, RISE 360 in either of these browsers is a struggle.

This much we know at our end:

• We getting 50MBps download and 22Mbps upload;
  • Our browsers are the latest stable versions;
  • It's preview/edit switching, text entry and image replacement that are the key issues.

Stan

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Bailey, Stan, and David,

I know it's frustrating that you're still hitting roadblocks with image uploads and getting locked out of Rise 360 completely, so we want to help you get this resolved as soon as possible.

I'm opening a support case for each of you, and I'll include all of the details you've shared so far in this discussion. One of our Engineers will work one-on-one with you to get this sorted out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.