Narration in Rise

Mar 08, 2018

Is it possible narrate all text in a Rise course, similar what's possible in Studio and Storyline?  Or is audio restricted to certain content types (timeline, process, etc)?  Also, is it possible to have audio play continuously from the start of the presentation through the end, or does the play button have to be pushed for each audio snip?

Thanks in advance for assistance!

76 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Katie and Matt! Rise 360 allows you to upload pre-recorded audio files, or you can record your own audio within the app.

If you're looking for text-to-speech, you can use Storyline 360's text-to-speech tool, save the .mp3 file, then insert that .mp3 file into your Rise 360 lesson.

Let me know if you're looking for anything else!

Bhargavi Padhya

I echo the thoughts of my fellow e-learning colleagues. We are building interactive books to be used by our target audience and the Rise interface is perfect for this project. However, the only limitation is the lack of narration in the text blocks and so many other blocks. Once we have that capability, users can choose to play the narration. As this thread is over a year ago, I am hoping that there is some progress for this capability. However, I do not see any update made on the software. Please advise on the timeline. 

Nicole Moore

I'm new to Rise but all other authoring tools have this function.  I don't see why your folks are not on board.  At the very least an option for the user to click to read by the module (not by the block). Honestly this is a very robust tool but this option makes it unusable for true business purposes.  I mean give the people what they want but this is not just a want it is a need. 

Agata Bednarz

I'm nearly done creating my first course in Rise (so easy to create and have such an outstanding look!) and wanted to move onto recording voice over/narration for the blocks to realise it is not possible? So gutted I have to get back to Storyline and create the course there instead (Rise is such a great tool, such a waste!). Please let me know if this has been addressed? Would love to use Rise instead of Storyline...

Phoebe Sterdan

I am also disappointed in the audio playback feature within Rise. While adding audio to some of the blocks is helpful, and I understand the workaround of creating an audio block - it definitely detracts from the visual appeal of the finished design. If I add an audio block before or after a block that has text that I want to narrate, it would be a much more appealing option if you could just layer the audio block into the existing text block, with a subtle play button rather than appearing like a totally independent lesson.

Jimmy Pesticide

For being one of the leaders in learning design software, the lack of this feature, and Alyssa's comment that they won't be adding it, surprises and disappoints me. From a pure accessibility standpoint, this is a huge oversight and ostracizes a growing number of people who may have some type of disability. I would encourage the articulate team to review the Universal Design for Learning model and Mayer's cognitive theory of multimedia learning and reconsider their stance. People learn better with graphics and narration as opposed to a text-heavy approach, which I think Rise 360 encourages.