New Rise Feature: Send a Copy

May 20, 2017

We've shipped another much-requested feature for Rise. You can now easily send a copy of your course to another Rise author. It's a great feature when you need to share a source file with a client or colleague.

Here's a Peek vid on the feature:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/c7e701a4-0a54-41cd-a6dd-e985b0ead7c9/review

Keep in mind that both parties will have an independent copy of the same project. Changes you make to the course won't appear in the other author's version, and vice versa. Soon we will be releasing the Collaborators feature which will allow multiple authors to work on the same course. 

Enjoy!

76 Replies
Lea Agato

Hi, Michelle! If you choose collaborative authoring and add collaborators to your course, you'll be able to see the list of authors collaborating on your course:

If you send a copy of your course to another author, they will have their own version of the course independent from yours, and there is no option to track all the users who have been sent a copy of your course.  

You can check out this article to learn more about the differences between collaborative authoring and sending a copy of a course. I hope this helps!

Terry Crick
Tricia Jones

Seeing who the course was shared with is helpful for me in a freelance position where I am trying to verify and show a course has been shared with a date/time stamp. Perhaps an email confirmation of the copy being shared would be useful, and a notification for when they clicked the link would be a bonus!

Any traction on this function? Likewise, would find the ability to either report on when it was shared or get an email confirmation very helpful