Paragraph Spacing in Rise

Apr 24, 2018

I seem to be having a problem with the paragraph spacing in rise. Sometimes rise will add an extra space in between lines of text in Rise and I can't seem to find a way to fix it.

98 Replies
National NOC Team

5 months later....  is there any ETA on a fix?  Not sure if this is the same issue, when in Text Blocks, sometimes I just want to end the line, not the paragraph.  When hitting ENTER I want to go to the next line, and Rise forces a line space and then puts your cursor to the second line.  So it is forcing a paragraph break with a line space when I really just want to go to the next line.  If I wanted to skip a line I could just hit enter twice.   This forced line skip limits my formatting quite a bit.  My workaround is to format in Word, and take a screenshot and insert as an image into Rise.

Jon Finn

Sign me up for this one too! Would be a big help, especially when different blocks have different spacing. For example, compare the "Paragraph" Text block vs the "Image & Text" Image block. The line spacing in the latter is close to what I want all the time, but the Paragraph block instead gives me large line spacing which is undesirable.

If you're going to force line spacing, the least I'd expect is it being consistent throughout the product.

Byron Mackenzie

Can I jump on the bandwagon with this. A line spacing (leading) tool is needed ASAP - the default generous spacing makes readability poor. This is sure to make learner concentration difficult. It also makes pages look really grey (bland, boring, ugly and difficult to scan) as sections blend together because of the low contrast.

Byron Mackenzie

Can I jump on the bandwagon with this. A line spacing (leading) tool is needed ASAP - the default generous spacing makes readability poor. This is sure to make learner concentration difficult. It also makes pages look really grey (bland, boring, ugly and difficult to scan) as sections blend together because of the low contrast.