Paragraph Spacing in Rise

Apr 24, 2018

I seem to be having a problem with the paragraph spacing in rise. Sometimes rise will add an extra space in between lines of text in Rise and I can't seem to find a way to fix it.

98 Replies
CfAE Imperial College London

Dear Team Rise,

My question relates to the original post which started this thread. I have the same problem as the original user that pieces of text are being randomly shifted onto a new line. I've noted the reply made to the original post and can state:

• the text was typed directly into Rise (i.e. wasn't copied and pasted)
  • I've used the clear formatting function but as soon as I reformat to the required style, the same issue occurs (although sometimes the erratic formatting doesn't appear until a screen refresh has occurred)
  • the issue doesn't occur in basic paragraph blocks, but does occur in accordions, MCQ/MRQ feedback fields, and tabbed input fields

There are two things which appear to trigger the erratic shifting of text onto a new line. [1] making a word in a sentence bold. [2] making a word in a sentence a different colour from the rest of the text.

Even more strangely (as can be seen from the attached example), this does not happen every time a word is placed in bold or a different colour.

Any advice you could provide would be gratefully received as such formatting makes our provision look extremely sloppy - not a good look for a language centre.

Thank you for your time,

Eddie

(PS: This issue occurs whether I'm working in the latest version of Edge or the latest version of Firefox.)

Steven Benassi

Hi CfAE Imperial College London!

Thanks for sharing the feedback and troubleshooting steps you've implemented so far! Sorry to hear that formatting of your text in Rise 360 has been such an ongoing problem for you!

I've opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can take a closer look into the issue. You should be hearing from them shortly!

Laurie Martini

This issue does need to be fixed! I agree with the above comment that it is affecting the professional look of the products I am creating. This happens when I bold and change the color of certain words I need to emphasize. Rise is adding extra spaces after the word. I make sure that the space after the word is not highlighted or included in the text formatting, and I have repeatedly removed all formatting and carefully highlighted the word I want to bold and recolor but the extra spaces just keep coming back to haunt me.