Rise Feature : Admin content on team accounts

Jan 25, 2018

It seems Articulate has not created any method for an admin of a team account to change ownership of Rise content created by past team members with a license. Only the team member can currently change ownership of content, which is not helpful for employees that have already departed. It would be nice if admin accounts could actually "admin". Difficult to see how such a basic feature is missing from Articulate 360 team accounts. This feature omission has resulted in me having to rebuild content entirely. Disappointing. 

29 Replies
Steve Flowers

A fourth vote from me:) Would really like to see the Rise admin be able to see a list of all courses created within the admin domain and reassign ownership / access to those items. A bonus for being able to see any courses shared from other admin domains (have seen this once or twice) and be able to make a copy of those courses and reassign ownership.

Along these lines, would be nice to have a third level of access for a shared course that enables anyone in the group that has the permission to publish (Review, SCORM, HTML, PDF).

Michele Liggett

I have a similar issue. As an Admin for our team account, I assign my access to another teammate to work on projects. Now that I have the assess back, I am finding my earlier Rise courses disappeared (6). As Admin if I was able to see a list of all courses and reassign ownership, I wouldn't have to give up my access. I checked Deleted courses but they are not there. Any other suggestions on how to recover courses I completed earlier?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michele,

If the courses were shared with someone else as a Collaborator, they wouldn't have the rights to publish and share.  If you sent them a copy of it they would have access. 

It sounds like you may have transferred your license to another user though? The content created will be connected to the Articulate ID, so if your colleague created something they'd have it in their Rise account.

Let me know if I'm misunderstanding and I'm happy to keep helping! 

Michele Liggett

Ashley,

I didn't share my courses with a collaborator.  I only transferred my license to a team mate so they could create their own courses. Now that I have the license back, my courses have disappeared. I have done this before (assigned my license to someone else on my team) and my courses were still there. Not sure why they disappeared this time, but I need to find out how to get them back so that I can modify them.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michele,

How did you transfer your license to them? By removing yourself from a team seat and adding in that new person's email or by giving them your login information? If the latter, it's possible that your colleague deleted your courses and emptied out the Deleted Courses folder. 

Any course you created would be connected to your Articulate ID, so as long as you're accessing Rise/Review with the same Articulate ID those courses should be there. If you'd like us to take a look at your account more in-depth, our Support team is happy too.

Eva Ann Shepherd

Thank you for the clarification, Ashley. I hope that you all can see where sending a copy to someone would cause problem by having multiple copies of a course floating around. With editing happening by many people it is necessary to keep only a singular copy as the "one".  Hope the suggested tweaks to Rise get implemented one day soon. Thanks for the quick reply.

Megan Vera

Adding my vote - will investigate how to add a feature request. ...

This is such a major need for us as well. In fact, despite the rapid development and other features we LOVE about Rise, we and being directed to stop all development in Rise due to the risks involved in content management. We are a team of 30-40 designers at a large company.

If we publish content and then six months later a revision is needed to material, it will very likely be assigned to someone besides the original author. Tracking the original author down to share the file as a collaborator then opens the door to a ton of logistical issues, plus it puts us at risk for version control. We need a way to open an exported file back into a new user's workspace for edits. Then, they can reexport so the next person assigned a revision can grab that source file and continue the cycle until the material is retired.

Until this content management hurdle is solved, we cannot develop in Rise.

(Which is a major bummer and time costly, I might add, since many on our team absolutely loved using Rise!)

Katie Riggio

Thanks for sharing your insight with us, Megan! I saw your other post here and really appreciate you letting us know how valuable such a feature would be for you and your team. (Wow 30-40 folks! 🤯)

I'm going to get this in front of our product team, as we're all always keen to hear about customer needs! Since you commented, you'll be notified immediately once any updates are shared since that automatically subscribes one to a discussion.

While our team continues to explore this feature, there are some handy pro-tips shared here: Work on a Course with Other Team Members.

As always, feel free to share any other thoughts you may have here in your new community or via the Feature Request Form ..we're all ears, either way! And here's an inside look at how we manage those suggestions!

Megan Vera

Curious. . . many are asking for updates on this so we can resume using Rise. Please let me know if a potential solution may be in place in the next 3-6 months, or longer. Also, just found out we have quite a few more users than I thought. We are actually around 60-70 users strong in our company. Many would love to use Rise if we can figure out the content management for a team of that size. Thanks!

Megan Vera

We have resumed using Rise with the following work around. It's not ideal, but it's functional enough until a better option is available:

1. Designer creates content and shares the file with a "super user" email account.

2. Content manager verifies the Rise file has been shared with the super user before the html is published for 1st time use.

3. Should the original designer leave, or revisions need to be made by a different designer later, the designer requests the "super user" to share the Rise course with them (monitored by a content manager).

4. The "super user" shares the file with the new designer.

5. New Designer makes changes and exports for publishing. Repeat process for any additional updates.

Boon Edam University

Thanks Megan! 

That is exactly my work around too.  (Hence the reason my name is not showing up on this account - I am now working fully out of the "admin" account)  It still relies on all users sending a copy of their training but is the best we have right now......

Good to know that this is working for someone else too.  I really hope there will be solution from Articulate for this soon.

Sue

Allison LaMotte

Hi everyone,

Good news: we just released some new features that are going to solve a lot of the pain you've points you've brought up in this thread. 

The first one allows you to assign different roles for different users. Here's a video that shows how that works

The second one makes it easy to transfer Rise 360 content from one team member to another when someone leaves the team.

Check out this video to see how it works and this step-by-step tutorial for more details. 

And these aren't the only cool features we released today! Visit our what’s new page for the full list.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments. :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.