Creating the Paper Cutout Effect
In this less we'll add the final touches to our car image by applying a trendy outline effect to it.
If you're following along, I'm still working in Lesson Files > Chapter_03 > CutoutShadow.pptx.
Creating the outline shape
- With the transparent car image open, go to Insert > Shape and select the Scribble Line
- Click-drag a loose selection around the car image
- Continue dragging your selection to complete the shape. When you release your mouse, you should see something similar to the following shape:
- Change the Fill color to white and remove the Shape Outline
- Right-click the shape and Send to Back to place it below the car and drop shadow
Adding a drop shadow to the scribble shape
Do you want to take things up notch? Try adding a drop shadow to the cutout shape to create even deeper perspective in your image.
- Select the white shape you just moved to the back
- Go to Format > Shape Effects > Shadow > Shadow Options... and enter the following values for the shadow:
- Click Close to view the final effect
That's it for the course elements. In the next chapter, you'll create custom Slide Masters for the course.