Themes are even better when shared! Shared themes allow authors to apply visual guidelines to their courses quickly or simply benefit from others' inspired custom designs.
In a future update, theme sharing will be built directly into the themes menu. Until then, since theme settings persist even when a course is copied or duplicated, you can easily share a course so that team members can apply your customized theme to their content.
You can quickly create copies of an entire course with the duplicate function available on your dashboard.
- Hover over the card of the course you want to duplicate and click the ellipsis icon (•••) that appears.
- Choose Duplicate to create a new course with the same layout or similar content.
- Enter a name for the new course and click Duplicate.
- The new course appears at the top of your dashboard.
Keep in mind, some collaborators won’t see the ellipsis menu on course cards. Only course owners and course managers can duplicate courses.
If you want to send an entire, independent copy of a course to another author, a company template for example, it’s easy to do.
- Go to your Rise 360 dashboard, click the ellipsis icon (•••) for the course you want to share, then choose Send a copy from the menu that appears.
- Enter the email addresses of the Rise 360 users who should receive the course (separated by commas), change the default message if you'd like, and click Send.
That's it! The recipients will receive email notifications, and the course will automatically appear on their Rise 360 dashboards. Recipients can then duplicate the course each time they’re ready to start a new project (that way they keep the original template intact).
It’s important to keep in mind that you'll each have an independent copy of the same project. Any changes you make to the course won't appear in the other authors' versions, and vice versa. Even if another author sends a copy of the course back to you later, a new course is added to your Rise 360 dashboard. You'll have the original version and an updated copy.