105 Replies
Sarah Tucker

So "fine" may be relative.  I noticed things were SUPER blurry after the update.  I rolled back to the Dec 14 version (3.59.26702.0) and they were back to their normal state.  I have tried images that contain text and they're back to their normal level of "not as great quality as the original but not super horrible blurry"  So, I don't think rolling back fixes your issue, but it fixed the obvious sudden difference for me.

Mark Kirby

Love your diplomatic "not super horribly blurry"....thanks Sarah!

Articulate support have prioritized fixing the blurry issue, so keep the faith. I'm hoping we are now no more than a few updates away from seeing this sorted. (I was firmly told at my previous company that "hope is not a strategy"....)

Note that this thread IS being actively watched by Articulate support....

Jamie Shaw

I'm really hoping this issue is fixed soon... thanks all on this thread for keeping the pressure on Articulate.  

I'm now at the point where I am manually overwriting the published images, which I'm not even sure classifies as a workaround (maybe a worka-worka-workaround).

It's crazy that even at 100% image quality in the publishing settings, the images are still being compressed.

How about a simple 'Use original images' tickbox in the publishing settings?  I mean seriously, how hard would that be?

Mark Kirby

Hi Jamie

I think uncompressed is one of the options Storyline are looking at.

I'm not sure if the problem/barrier is

• upload time (we would gladly wait longer for projects to upload if they remained beautiful?!) or
  • download time (if it was, then how come the rest of the internet works with good quality images?)
  • something else
  • all of the above

Mark Kirby

Hi there my blurry and bleary-eyed heroes,

Can someone tell me what determines whether my video when inserted will have the compression control selectable (to None) vs grayed out to Automatic? The automatic setting makes the video blurry. I cannot figure out why some video seems to be controllable and some is not. 

Mark Kirby

I typically screen capture using Camtasia, and export using its built in highest res (1080 I think) MP4 output. Generally this works (lets me select None in compression after adding the video), but sometimes it doesn't and it comes in with grayed out Automatic in compression.  Needless to say, this is driving me potty.

Justin Grenier

Hi, Mark.

Storyline supports uncompressed MP4 videos in published output. This applies to the three most common MP4 profiles: baseline, main, and high.

If the Compression property is grayed out, it means your video was created with a different profile or it has been edited with Storyline's built-in video editor.

Lucas Wolf

Hey Mark, I know what you are talking about. Justin is not really correct. I worked with Videos a lot in WBTs and it has a buggy behavior sometimes. You need to delete the Video (altough you didnt touch it with the storyline edit tools), save the project file and then reupload the video again on the slide. Atleast for me it worked.

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, everyone.

I have great news to share!

We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 63, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes we’ve included is:

We improved how Storyline 360 handles images during import and in the published output, resulting in crisper images.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Mark Kirby

Hi Diarmaid

Have you tested the new release? I'm just publishing my work and too nervous to switch and find other things are broken. You did some great analysis earlier this year and just wondering if this is (as SR-71 designer Kelly Johnson would have said) a problem killed or if it's just wounded....? Obviously we switch to Monty Python for the latter, "come back, I'll bite your ankles"

Diarmaid Collins

Oh, gosh no! I NEVER update to a new release. I am always 2 versions behind because I learned my lesson a while back - Articulate roll out new features and attempt to fix bugs but ALWAYS break something else.

I am more Brave Sir Robin than the Black Knight. If someone more adventurous and braver than us could report back that would be welcome! :)