Can I slow down the audio voice selected in Storyline 360?

Jun 07, 2018

I am using one of the audio voice pre-loaded in Storyline 360 and it seems they are all speaking very fast.  Is there a way to slow their speech?

Pinned Reply
Eric Santos

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 83, we've included important fixes and new features!

One of the new features we've included:

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

182 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Alicia!

Thanks for your question! You're not alone--we've seen other requests for the ability to adjust the text-to-speech speed, and we're tracking the popularity of this request. I'll add your feedback to our report!

For now, you can use punctuation, such as commas and semicolons, when you want to insert brief pauses. If you need longer pauses, convert your text to speech, then open the clip in the built-in audio editor and insert silence where it's needed.

Raymond Weijenberg

This would also be my request.

It would be very helpfull and time saving if I could be able to finetune the speed of the voice.

I think my students would be able to understand my courses better if I could adjust the speed and articulations of the voice. 

I think it is a great feature but not good enough yet.