Can I slow down the audio voice selected in Storyline 360?

Jun 07, 2018

I am using one of the audio voice pre-loaded in Storyline 360 and it seems they are all speaking very fast.  Is there a way to slow their speech?

Pinned Reply
Eric Santos

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 83, we've included important fixes and new features!

One of the new features we've included:

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

182 Replies
Roy Kendrick

I want to add a point. I am developing technical training in the US for world wide use. Because I have training on servers located in Germany, euro privacy laws apply. As a result company policy is not to use any live human voices so that's out.  I am getting feedback on the Articulate 360 TTS used in my modules like this on received today from our office in India.

"Slow down narrative especially in later part as it will be easier for people to follow and digest, especially those who are not well versed with use of English."

For people who speak English as a second language, most of my learners,  it is a real problem I need to solve.

Mike Anderson

Add me to the list... that started 3 years ago! International learners struggle and the work around is painfully slow if you need CC. Punctuation will appear in the CC text if used to adjust speed, so you only have the direct audio edit method, which gets messy if you need to modify content often. 

Rodger Cutler

Can we get some idea as to when this persistent request might be addressed?

Confidential - Limited Access and Use

LAM RESEARCH CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files, or previous e-mail messages attached to it, (collectively, "E-mail Transmission") may be subject to one or more of the following based on the associated sensitivity level: E-mail Transmission (i) contains confidential information, (ii) is prohibited from distribution outside of Lam, and/or (iii) is intended solely for and restricted to the specified recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank you.

Enishi White

Hi! Was this ever integrated into the SL360 updates? I want to use text-to-speech but common feedback from learners is that the voice is too fast.

I have used punctuation to slow down the speech between sentences and added silence spaces between points. Unfortunately, when a conversation is mid-point the speech is too fast. 

Jeffrey H Harden

Over a year for me as well. It’s brought up every meeting that we have, by customers, to review material that uses storyline txt-to-speech.

Jeffrey H. (Jeff) Harden
Management & Program Analysts
FAA Program Management Organization (PMO)

National Airspace System (NAS) Integration & Infrastructure Solutions (NIIS) | AJM-3122

Sent from my iPhone