90 Replies
Rhonda Rolf

Adding my name to this thread as i am not aware if this is resolved, i dont think so, and want updates too.  This is not just a preference issue, it is also an accessibility issue for many learners.  We need the following things:

1. developer ability to adjust speed of text to speech as a whole (like other say, adding punctuation only helps with that instance, the person as a whole needs to slow down)

2. give a player option so the consumer/learner can adjust the speed faster or slower (like they do in YouTube)

3.  is there a phonetics dictionary we can have for pronunciation?  this is especially important for names and uncommon words.  right now i guess at phonetic spellings and try multiple different spelling options (10-15 in a recent case) to find one that sounds closer to what we need

I always provide the transcript for my learners, but some still complain about the speed even though they have transcript available with same content.

Robert Hambrick

I would like to add my story to this thread.  I work for the federal government, so content accessibility is a fundamental requirement for our courses.  As Rhonda mentioned, this is not a preference; it is a requirement.

I believe Rhonda's suggestions would make Storyline a better product, so I hope Articulate will prioritize this request for development.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Tavia, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thanks for reaching out and sharing that you would like to see this feature added as well.

The ability for learners to speed up/slow down audio and video playback is still an open request with our team, and this conversation is attached so that we can share updates with you here.

I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests, which may be helpful. 

Lori Filz

Adding my vote for this feature request to control the speed of the speech in the TTS voices provided in Storyline too!  They speak very fast.  Looks like it's been out there as a feature request for a few years now based on community posts.  I'm hoping the speed control feature for TTS voices is added very soon.