86 Replies
Rhonda Rolf

Adding my name to this thread as i am not aware if this is resolved, i dont think so, and want updates too.  This is not just a preference issue, it is also an accessibility issue for many learners.  We need the following things:

1. developer ability to adjust speed of text to speech as a whole (like other say, adding punctuation only helps with that instance, the person as a whole needs to slow down)

2. give a player option so the consumer/learner can adjust the speed faster or slower (like they do in YouTube)

3.  is there a phonetics dictionary we can have for pronunciation?  this is especially important for names and uncommon words.  right now i guess at phonetic spellings and try multiple different spelling options (10-15 in a recent case) to find one that sounds closer to what we need

I always provide the transcript for my learners, but some still complain about the speed even though they have transcript available with same content.

Robert Hambrick

I would like to add my story to this thread.  I work for the federal government, so content accessibility is a fundamental requirement for our courses.  As Rhonda mentioned, this is not a preference; it is a requirement.

I believe Rhonda's suggestions would make Storyline a better product, so I hope Articulate will prioritize this request for development.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Tavia, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thanks for reaching out and sharing that you would like to see this feature added as well.

The ability for learners to speed up/slow down audio and video playback is still an open request with our team, and this conversation is attached so that we can share updates with you here.

I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests, which may be helpful.