Fuzzy text and images SL360 in Chrome

Nov 28, 2016

I am trying out SL360 and I run into a very ugly problem. When using Chrome (version 54.0.2840.99 m) the sharpness of text and images go from very blurry to sharp depending on the size of my browser window. IE11 neither SL2 has this problem. 

I do want the ability to scale the output (player options, Player size: Scale player to fill browser window). Does anyone know this problem and how to overcome this?

199 Replies
William Grove-Fanning

This is somewhat confusing.  Are you saying that the fix for SL360 was rolled out June 19, 2018 with build 3.17.16117.0? 

• If so, I don't see any improvement (I'm on SL360 build 3.18.16449.0).
  • Also, this thread was originally about the problem in SL360, no SL3.

(PS., I was confused because the announcement was for a new update, 8/16, not an update back in June.)

Katie Riggio

Hi, Maciej. Thanks for your continued support–I'm going to bring the blurry text when an animation is added behavior to my team to get some more insight on why this is happening.

Once we know more, I'll pop back in and share an update! You'll be notified immediately since you're subscribed to this discussion, and I'll also share this in your case with my teammate, Wilbert.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your examples with us, and we're here if you have any more questions!

Brandon Harper

I have not had this issue for a while, but it seems to have returned.... images are blurry in preview and live production.

I have tried to import pictures as png and jpg formats. I have tried to publish to 360 Review, tempshare, and even into our LMS. I have tried IE and Chrome. My browser versions are up to date. I have maintained the version updates for Storyline 360 (currently on version 3.20.16814.0)

Is anyone else experiencing the blurry picture problem again?

Katie Riggio

Hi there! 👋

A few folks in this discussion reported an issue where incorrect feedback could appear in try-mode and test-mode screen recordings when the browser was zoomed in or didn't fill the screen. I'm excited to share that we just released Update 23 for Storyline 360, and it addresses this issue!

Here's how to update Storyline 360 to see everything this update has to offer! We're still investigating some of the other issues mentioned here, and promise to keep this conversation updated with any new information! 

Maciej Masior

ok, so unfortunately, the problem has returned :( Even for non-animated objects and without using transitions the font in Chrome (latest 73.0.3683.75 64bit) is blurry again (u can see it when you scale your window down)... I have no words and slowly losing my patience in this topic...

Please, can you fix it quickly, because I don't know what to say to my clients anymore :(

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Maciej. We're finalizing our enhanced support for Chrome which should address the blurry issues we've seen. We hope to share an update very soon.

I published your sample course with the expected new release. Can you have a look and let me know if it performs better on your end? I saw some improvement from when I published it with the current release of Storyline 360.

Kris N
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Maciej. We're finalizing our enhanced support for Chrome which should address the blurry issues we've seen. We hope to share an update very soon.

I published your sample course with the expected new release. Can you have a look and let me know if it performs better on your end? I saw some improvement from when I published it with the current release of Storyline 360.

I can confirm this looks better in Chrome: Does this address the issues with the images (and other points made here by various users) -- or is this simply fixing the font rendering engine? 

Crystal Horn

Hey everybody. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 26 for Storyline 360! Here are all the details.

We addressed an issue where text and images could be blurry when viewing a course in Google Chrome or Safari.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. If you need more help, please let me know!

Maciej Masior

hello,
blurry text - fixed :)
all objects blurry when useing transitions - fixed :)
blurry animated objects - not fixed :(

So, it's better but still not good enough...
ehhhh, I thought it would be this day, but unfortunately not...

When we can expect fixing blurry animated objects?
It's very impotent because we can't use animations at all when client use Chrome.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.