How to add slide number in Storyline 360

May 15, 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to understand how to add slide numbers in Storyline 360. I have gone through several posts, but none of which worked. I have read that I have to manually add a trigger on each slide, and that doesn't seem productive to me if I have over 30+ slides. 

Thanks,

Julie

52 Replies
Yvonne Leklou

Found a workaround… I turned on the Prev button on the player and then added the hidden trigger to the master slide. Hopefully, the customer doesn't miss the previous button.

One more question... scenario: learner takes quiz, reviews results, uses menu to return to course to read a section again, and returns to the quiz via menu... but now, course is in same state as last visited, i.e. results, despite having setting that states return to previous state. How do I reset the quiz back have the review is done?

Wendy Farmer

Hi Yvonne

Prev/Next buttons during review are automatically shown by SL so the user can navigate between slides. If you don't want them to show you can add triggers to the Slide Master to hide them.

Also, if you add a trigger on the Review quiz button to Reset the quizNumber to 0 that should then show the correct slide numbers.

Ravi Panchal

OMG! after reading through these slides I was hoping the feature should have been built now! :-) Disappointed to know it is still in progress for the last 2 years. 

I am building a question bank with 18 questions that will appear randomly. Can someone help me with a trigger to have the number of question appear in the right order? Please note that the question bank is coded to show random questions. 

Articulate team: please add a feature to have Question numbers in Quiz at least. I will tremendously help the learner to track the progress of the quiz as they are generally time bound.

Wendy Farmer

Create a number variable called qNum and add to the slide master layout you are using for your quiz questions this trigger

Adjust variable qNum add +1 when timeline starts on slide.  It doesn't matter which order the random numbers are drawn if they are using this layout. 

On each slide insert the variable reference e.g.

Q%qNum% of 10.

Remember to add a trigger to the result slide if you are allowing retries or review of the slides so the numbers start counting again.

Megan palmer

This is such an absolute basic feature, I don't understand why this hasn't been given priority and added. It is frustrating that we need to wait for a new version and even then it sounds like it won't be coming anytime soon. Adding the slide numbers manually is time consuming and it is making me wonder if StoryLine is the right tool for my company.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience and continuing to share your need for Slide numbers.

It's newly added to Storyline 360! 🌟  You'll find that feature and more in Storyline 360, build 3.27.18822.0. 

For more tips, tricks and examples, check out the following:

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.