NEW IN STORYLINE 360: Media Library

Jan 22, 2019

Today we released a really exciting new feature for Storyline 360: media library. Now you can manage all the assets for your project in one place.

Use the media library to easily add, remove, replace, reuse, and export videos, audio tracks, and characters. You can even edit files with third-party apps and save changes back to Storyline 360. This is just the first feature we have planned for media library, so be on the lookout for more to come. Enjoy!

Learn how to get started with media library in this tutorial.

See it in action:

74 Replies
Soren J Birch

I heard someone mention at a trade fair it was a feature they were looking into. I sure hope it comes, back then it was probably just on the drawing board.
But this media library finally makes me think that Marketing have received their pound of flesh and now some attention can be paid to the Quality of Life features that speeds up workflows and differentiates the Pro products from the wannabes in this market. (Im looking at you, Camtasia)

Dave Johnson

This is a great feature and I love the demo above. My question is about an effect you used in the demo. At the 27 second mark, how did you enlarge the number 2?  This isn't the Zoom Region effect and it doesn't appear to be the Grow or Shrink animation effect. I see this was used several times in the demo and would like to use it.  I normally add a red text box to highlight areas on a demo and want to try this.

Wendy Finley

Is the Media Library capable of holding items such as custom markers or buttons? For my company's courses, we have specific fonts, colors, states, etc. that are standard across all of our courses. From reading the release information it seems like the Media Library should be able to hold this content, but I am struggling to find out how to do it.

Leah Hemeon

Hi there,

I thought about doing this as a new discussion but this thread seems to be quite active - please let me know if I should separate it. 

I work a lot sending files back and forth with a client who only has Storyline 3. Up until now, by avoiding the content library and 360 features we've had no problems. With this latest update ALL projects I work on in Storyline 360 will not open at all on Storyline 3. Two separate files are doing this and we're at a loss. I need my client to be able to open these and edit them after I finish my end of the project. I've changed nothing in my workflow other than having updated to the latest update recently (I have always kept up with updates so this isn't a big jump).

HELP!!

PS - submitted a case with the project attached. case number 01688722

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.