Preview Playback Error following Oct. 8th 2019 update

Oct 10, 2019

To whom it may concern,

I have been noticing a significant drop in video frame rate when previewing a Articulate 360 Storyline project. Following an update as of Oct. 8th, 2019, I have projects I am reviewing that have video playing at approx 15 frames per second when they were playing fine at a steady 30 frames per second before the update. The Seekbar below the video slides also is moving much more slowly compared to the previous version. It will get about halfway before the end of the video. I have replaced the videos in the projects and they are still playing at a reduced frame rate compared to the source material when previewing.

Upon Publishing to an LMS or Articulate Review, these faults are no longer visible and projects are playing correctly but noticing these faults during development and editing is concerning. 

If this error could please be passed on to Articulate's IT or Development team to investigate and address in a upcoming update, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Dustin Lyne

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi Dustin, Sara, and Dawn!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.80.30988.0, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes included: 

• Audio from the base layer wouldn't play in published video output when slide layers paused the timeline of the base layer or hid objects on the base layer.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

9 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hi Dustin, 

Thank you for reaching out! 

At the moment, I haven't heard of current framerate issues when previewing a video in a Storyline course. Does this appear to be happening in all of your projects that contain videos or just a specific one? 

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll share my findings and delete it when I'm done troubleshooting!

Katie Riggio

Greetings, Dawn!

Thanks for opening a case and sharing a file with us for closer testing! Very helpful.

I see my teammate, Jopney, connected your experience to an open issue we're investigating, where audio on the base layer skips if other layers are set to pause the timeline or hide objects on the base layer. Specifically, this happens when publishing a slide with layers to video.

I'll share your comment with her just in case, and add this discussion to our report so we can notify you of any changes on all fronts!

Kelly Auner

Hi Dustin, Sara, and Dawn!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.80.30988.0, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes included: 

• Audio from the base layer wouldn't play in published video output when slide layers paused the timeline of the base layer or hid objects on the base layer.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.