Forum Discussion

MatheusGenovez
Community Member
11 months ago

Copied course video issue

Hello!

I've encountered an issue when duplicating a course in Rise. The videos uploaded to the copied course do not play, and I receive an error message stating, "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported."

Initially, I believed this problem occurred due to copying the course and changing its folder location. However, I conducted a test by simply duplicating the course and leaving it in the same folder, and the issue persisted.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or suggestions on how to resolve this issue. It would significantly improve my workflow.

• I have experienced a similar issue.

When I duplicate a RISE course with videos, that include "_NOPROCESS_" in their name, the videos work in the original course, but fail to load in the dupe course every single time.

The "_NOPROCESS_", by the way, is listed as a RISE best practice to keep a video file as/is and not re-compress.

I submitted a ticket on this and they verified that it is a bug in the system and they are working on it.

• Hi Mattheus,

Thanks for reaching out to our support team.  I'm glad you were able to resolve this issue by re-uploading your videos.  If you have any further concerns, feel free to reach out to us again!  We'll be happy to help.

MarkToranzo
    Community Member

There needs to be a resolution for this. Causes a ton of extra work.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Mark!

Sorry to hear you've also been affected by this issue!

I see that you've connected with our support engineers through a support case. Smart move! It looks like my teammate Wilbert replied to your e-mail with some follow-up questions.

We can continue troubleshooting through your case to help keep all information in one spot.

• Hi Russell, 

Great call opening a case with us! I see that you're working with our colleague Philam. You're in excellent hands! 

We'll continue the conversation over in your case. 

Have a great afternoon!

PeterLocke
    Community Member

Hi team,

I'm also experiencing the same video issue as Russell when duplicating a course. The issue also occurs when sending a copy of the course to another Rise user. Please can you advise if I need to submit a separate ticket - or should I just wait until the issue is resolved?

Thanks, Peter

RussellEngoran
      Community Member

Peter, that is the exact case that I am experiencing. I need to duplicate and send copies of RISE courses to others.

StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi Russell!

Glad to see my teammate Philam has been helping you through your support case!

As Philam shared, we have this behavior logged as a bug in Rise 360. I've linked this discussion to the bug report so you can be notified as soon as a fix is in place.

Thank you for your patience. Sorry if this has been slowing you down!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Peter!

Sorry to hear you've also run into this setback!

As I shared with Russell, we have this behavior logged as a bug in Rise 360. I've included your voice in the bug report so you can be notified as soon as a fix is available. Thank you for your patience while we work through this issue!

PeterLocke
    Community Member

Hi Steven,

I'm following up to see if there's been any progress on this issue please? The "Pro tip" on the Articulate support page has not been modified / removed and still advocates for using the _NOPROCESS_ method to avoid video compression being applied, yet this bug still appears to persist.

As a user who shares and duplicates many video-heavy courses, and who chooses to use the _NOPROCESS_ method to keep SCORM file sizes as small as possible, it would be great to get a guide as to when this bug will be fixed, if possible.