Team capabilities in Articulate Review?

Mar 07, 2018

Hi all

Just wondering if this is in the works, and will be possible anytime soon...and if anyone else out there shares the same desire to see these features?

The Articulate 360 Teams concept makes lots of sense, and Articulate Review is a terrific step forward in simplifying the project development process...now it would be great if you could marry the two together, and extend the team account concept/capability to Articulate Review.

The Teams idea is predicated on the idea that multiple folks may be involved on particular projects, and as such, quick & convenient access to all review comments by relevant team members is major convenience . With this in mind, I love to see the following: 

• As part of the process of posting a project for review, we should be able to select other team members who will then have immediate access (instead of having to email a link to each person, in addition to the client).
  • Any team member associated with the project should receive the emails indicating new comments posted to Review for that project.  This prevents the current potential for bottlenecks on a project, whereby the account owner is the only one to receive these update emails. If they are away (or miss the email)progress can easily come to a halt, as other team members are unaware that new comments are posted, unless they are continuously checking.
  • Also, as I've seen posted here previously, the ability to organize projects in Review into folders would be a Godsend. With numerous projects, each involving potentially dozens of modules, the site gets enormously cluttered. Scrolling thru all of the projects can be brutal, as there is currently no means to sort these projects (which would also be a nice feature...sort by date, alphabetically, etc.)
  • Lastly, as I mentioned this in a previous post, the ability to archive projects would also greatly improve the organizational aspect of the site, enabling us to keep the site cleaned up, without have to completely delete projects that we may need to refer to later.

Thanks for a great product, and continuously looking to improve...hopefully these suggestions are helpful.

Cheers, Dave

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share!

We’ve just released an update for Review 360 which includes cool new features: 

New: Create shared team folders in Review 360 to organize your content, assign permissions, and invite collaborators. You can even allow multiple authors to publish new versions of a course to the same Review 360 project.

And because Review 360 is a web app, there's nothing to install! New features and fixes are available immediately.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!

77 Replies
Dave Chace

Crystal, I'm glad you value our feedback. However, it's becoming more and more frustrating to hear "under discussion" and "in the works" from Articulate staff for months in regards to critical updates that are desperately needed, and that have been voiced by numerous users. Some of these requests have been "in the works" for well over a year, yet no results.

As I tell my kids, "actions speak louder than words"...where is the action relating to these much needed Articulate Review improvements? Also, Where can we find the list of improvements that HAVE been made to Review in the last 12 months? Is this published somewhere? I want to be fair and give credit where it's due...and not overlook key changes you've made a response to customer feedback.

My consternation stems partly from a current firestorm we're mired in with a client. We have wasted dozens of hours (both ours and the clients) - due to the Review shortcomings I listed in my post above. Our designer could not see updated comments the client had posted...resulting in edits not being done...the client reviewing modules that didn't include his latest comments...bottlenecks getting new versions posted... etc. etc. etc.  

Can you please offer some kind of timeline as to when we'll see any improvements? Something more concrete than simply "under discussion" or "in the works"? It would mean a lot.

Thanks for listening...  Dave

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Dave,

We are listening.

Just a few examples I'd like to share that were directly related to user feedback:

• Hitting <Enter> was not intuitive for Review comments (posts such as here and here), so we added a Post button
  • Request for Slide Numbers in the Review feedback tab (posts such as here and here), so we added this for ease of use
  • Ability to publish Rise to Review was a big one (posts such as here and here), so we added this

We do have documentation of the fixes and improvements made to Review as we do with our other products.

Did you know that you can subscribe to comments for individual projects? Check out this documentation here as that may be helpful for you.

I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests as that may be helpful as well. If I had a timeline to offer, I would.

The What's New page is a great resource for many of the popular newly released and upcoming offerings of Articulate 360.

Bethany Daniels

I agree with all of Dave's feature requests and wanted to add that it would be beyond helpful for teams be able to upload courses to a team review page, instead of an individual review page so whoever is assigned course maintenance can implement the feedback and upload the file back into the review tool instead of having to email it to the owner of the review page through several revision cycles.

Initially I thought this was a capability of Review and was disappointed to find out it wasn't, as it would speed up our workflow considerably and possibly cut down on the corrupted files that seem to arise out of swapping files back and forth. Thanks!

Christina Clark

I echo Dave's original feedback (noting that folders are now available) and Beth's suggestion of a team review page. A use case just from today, my colleague and I have made edits to the same source file. If we want stakeholders to view the updates, we have to send a new link as one version is in my Review space, the other in hers. I don't think it's reasonable that I expect my stakeholders to keep track of multiple links if updates are published by a different team member.

As per Dave's suggestions, not being able to tag team members until they've made a comment is frustrating so the ability to choose team members who would have access would be great.

David Kettle

I agree, being able to work on a team member's Rise projects is great, especially if they are unexpectedly unavailable, such as being off ill.

We use Review to get feedback on projects, and currently, if someone is off ill, we can't see the review links they set up to gather feedback, unless the link to them was manually shared.

This is the biggest problem I have with the lack of team link-up in Review 360.

I also agree with the other comments, having the archive ability and some level of organisation ability would be so helpful.

When you are getting into large numbers of projects most of which are no longer needing worked on, having the ability to move them so they no longer show up until you go looking for them would seriously de-clutter the screen.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Gregory and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

I'm not sure that particular question was asked in this conversation, but it is included in our request, so it's been asked before.

As mentioned above, we'll be sure to share any updates we have with you here.

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and use case for this feature as well.

Dave Chace

Leslie

As the originator of this post, I'm quite disheartened that over a year has gone by and this issue still remains unaddressed. We pay extra for the "TEAM" capabilities in 360, and the fact remains that team members still cannot EASILY share their projects on Review.  Isn't that the essence of a team? To share work easily with others?

Each team member, upon publishing to Review must still email a link to all other relevant team members (in addition to the client), and furthermore, individuals must then select if they want to receive emails when new comments are added. All this red tape, especially on larger projects, can easily lead to confusion and oversights.

Any team member should be able to easily select other team members to access their projects and associated comments when posting to Review, and furthermore, administrators should be able to easily click/view any project from any team member. 

Articulate touts the benefits of sharing slides via 360 team capabilities...how is that it never occurred to offer the same capability with published projects on 360 Review? This is a simple, common sense solution - and yet still remains unaddressed. 

We use a variety of software from other vendors whose response to customer requests and issues puts Articulate to shame. They are focused on addressing pain points as quickly as possible, and keeping their existing customers happy. This is in stark contrast to Articulate, for which we pay a LOT more money, and from whom we’ve grown much too accustomed to hearing that issues voiced by numerous users are still “under discussion” for months – or years.

Michael North

Agree with Dave, about the Teams licence we have recently moved to this but have not seen too much additional benefit. 

So much untapped potential in Review, a couple of other thoughts:

• Import comments directly into Storyline, maybe another COMMENTS tab next to NOTES.
  • Ability for owner of Review to unsubscribe or disable users from notifications.
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michael and Dave, 

I hear you, and I can see how it's frustrating that we've yet to make these changes for notifications and shared Review 360 content, while other features are added to Review 360 and the Articulate 360 suite of tools. (All features are noted within our Articulate 360 release notes.)

I will be certain to share your additional concerns with my team, as it's customers like you both who help guide our future plans. Our team is small, and when I say I am sharing it, please know that it is a very short ladder that things are running up, and we really are trying to do what we can to make a product you love and find value in using. 

Dave Chace

With due respect, Ashley - given the amount of money you're now charging annually for 360, "disappointing" is understatement when we look at the amount of work your team has done to implement updates. 

Here is a screenshot showing the TOTAL amount of updates to Review 360 since last September....a full year:

I'd call this pretty underwhelming, especially given the amount of feedback and requests that have been posted in the same period of time.

Carla Segurola

Are comments left in Articulate360 private? i.e. if I have multiple stakeholders reviewing it, will they also see each other's comments or am I the only person who can see them all? Thinking of using this as a review process prior to piloting and want to respect their privacy as well. Please advise. Thanks!

Christina Clark

It would be encouraging to know where these request are on the roadmap. The ability for a team to work as a team on a teams licence seems fundamental. I understand that when Teams was first launched, we couldn't expect more than a minimum viable product, but that's a while ago now so at least tell us that there is a PLAN to implement these changes, not because the community has asked for them but because as developers you had always wanted it to work this way but just haven't got there yet. Why would you launch a team product that has actually very little in the way of team capability? There must have always been an idea that it would evolve?

I also understand there may be technical or other constraints that make implementing this difficult, so perhaps you could share some of that background with us? It really does feel like a Teams licence doesn't get you much for the extra money. We're about to renew and it's getting more and more difficult to justify the cost.

Nicole Duclos

Hi!

Not sure if this was mentioned, but if a person is reviewing numerous Storyline links, it would be great for all those links to live in one place for them! I have to either email all the links or create a spreadsheet. Once a reviewer logs into their account, they should see all the links they need to review, not have to go back to numerous emails.

Thanks, Nicole