Team capabilities in Articulate Review?

Mar 07, 2018

Hi all

Just wondering if this is in the works, and will be possible anytime soon...and if anyone else out there shares the same desire to see these features?

The Articulate 360 Teams concept makes lots of sense, and Articulate Review is a terrific step forward in simplifying the project development process...now it would be great if you could marry the two together, and extend the team account concept/capability to Articulate Review.

The Teams idea is predicated on the idea that multiple folks may be involved on particular projects, and as such, quick & convenient access to all review comments by relevant team members is major convenience . With this in mind, I love to see the following: 

• As part of the process of posting a project for review, we should be able to select other team members who will then have immediate access (instead of having to email a link to each person, in addition to the client).
  • Any team member associated with the project should receive the emails indicating new comments posted to Review for that project.  This prevents the current potential for bottlenecks on a project, whereby the account owner is the only one to receive these update emails. If they are away (or miss the email)progress can easily come to a halt, as other team members are unaware that new comments are posted, unless they are continuously checking.
  • Also, as I've seen posted here previously, the ability to organize projects in Review into folders would be a Godsend. With numerous projects, each involving potentially dozens of modules, the site gets enormously cluttered. Scrolling thru all of the projects can be brutal, as there is currently no means to sort these projects (which would also be a nice feature...sort by date, alphabetically, etc.)
  • Lastly, as I mentioned this in a previous post, the ability to archive projects would also greatly improve the organizational aspect of the site, enabling us to keep the site cleaned up, without have to completely delete projects that we may need to refer to later.

Thanks for a great product, and continuously looking to improve...hopefully these suggestions are helpful.

Cheers, Dave

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share!

We’ve just released an update for Review 360 which includes cool new features: 

New: Create shared team folders in Review 360 to organize your content, assign permissions, and invite collaborators. You can even allow multiple authors to publish new versions of a course to the same Review 360 project.

And because Review 360 is a web app, there's nothing to install! New features and fixes are available immediately.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!

77 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for letting us know how this feature would benefit you and your team.

We don't have a timeline on this, but it is at the top of our list to take a look at due to the number of customers that would love to see this feature.

This conversation is linked to the report so that we can track additional users in the conversation and will allow us to share updates with you here when we have them.

I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests as that may be helpful to you or anyone following along here.

Shannon Connor

Incredibly frustrated with the lack of awareness on Articulate's part of these very valid feature requests. I have 6 developers and 4 QA members on my team and we are stuck having one person do the publishing of courses every day (over 40 courses) just so we can have a consistent customer experience and not have to send clients new links constantly. I can't believe there is not a way for team members to publish to one location. Every year I consider moving to the team licensing model, but I don't see the benefit if this very obvious capability is not a part of AR. I also can't believe other very obvious improvements still have yet to be made: When I get a notification, why isn't the slide number on the notification? Why can't I click on the email notification and go right to the slide? In AR itself, why doesn't the comment or thumbnail link directly to the slide? It's embarrassing when I'm walking through a review with a client and have to apologize that every time I switch back and forth between Feedback and Review, I have to start at the top of the Feedback page again and search for where we left off  to find the next comment. I'm not sure that Articulate realizes that we as Articulate Ambassadors take a lot of heat from our clients on a daily basis about these shortcomings. So when we feel unheard by Articulate, which we do in this case, it's not because we are being petty. We are hearing this from our clients every day (for years now). Please, please, please hear us!

Terry Bell

I agree with all these requirements - it's not reasonable to ask reviewers to keep track of a dozen (or more) links. Also Shannon's suggestions about including slide number (at a minimum) in the email notification, and making the review thumbnail link to the slide.

I'm getting a sense of apathy from users and staff in these discussions, and I feel it myself. What's the point in asking for something that is not going to happen.

eric bort

Having to go back to the original publisher of the course to then post to review is killing us slowly - I now spend 50% of my day working with my now remote employees asking "who was the last person to publish this course" as when the wrong person publishes it doesn't go to the version with the comments and creates a new version. Had to pay more for a teams upgrade we didn't want in order to get features that don't exist with no payment plan options - please prioritize these teams features or stop forcing us to pay teams prices.

LC CMP

Glad to have seen this before converting to Teams.

Can someone explain how a Teams subscription helps me with two people working on the same Storyline project?

From my reading, this is what I understand.  Am I incorrect?

• No integration/benefits for Review 360, aside from increased storage.
  • Team members are all siloed. Two members working on the same project will have to maintain separate review processes or share logins?

Looking at the promotional materials for Teams, are my understandings correct? (https://community.articulate.com/articles/10-ways-to-collaborate-on-e-learning-projects-and-manage-your-team)

• Shared Team Slides in Storyline 360
    Marginally useful in the context of no network support for .story projects.

• Collaborative Authoring in Rise 360
    N/A to Storyline users

• Shared Block Templates in Rise 360
    N/A

• Project Reviews in Review 360
    What am I missing? Project reviews are available on Individual plans and Teams doesn't provide any additional functionality, beyond storage space.

• Consolidated Billing Management
    Yes, would be nice to manage with one account. Seems important for billing (minutes per year), but not project management (hours per day).

• Easy User Management
    Ditto.

• Group Admins
    Ditto

• Manage Team Slides and Block Templates
    Great for templates, nothing to help day-to-day edits?

• Transfer Content
    Again, marginally useful because there is no network support.

• Single Sign-On (in development)
    No comment.

Thanks again for all of the community feedback on this.

cynthia Lyons

Seriously, the Team Review Site feature request is critical for teams on a team license. We recently had a team member go out on 2 months of unexpected medical leave, and we could not see any of his courses out for review. Is there any update on when we will be able to see everyone's courses, add feedback, etc?

cynthia Lyons

I'm really not even sure of the benefit of having a team license. In Rise, you can make someone a Course Manager, and add editors so people can collaborate, while keeping the course in  dashboard for all to see.

Without having a common Review dashboard, you have no visibility into feedback if the team member who created the course is absent.

Terry Bell

For once, I feel like I'm not the only one who is at wits' end with being totally brushed off by Articulate staff. I'm not *happy* per se to see other people's frustration, but I do hope that the staff start to listen. Your paying customers are not happy. There are dozens of bugs and important features that have similar stories (reported years ago, pages of increasingly frustrated posts, and noncommital replies by staff).

Dave Chace

Bret - I appreciate your comments, but obviously you'll understand a bit of pessimism from our end, having heard numerous times that someone from Articulate will "look into it".

For specific examples, I've spoken face-to-face with your VP at DevLearn about these issues, and he told me it was "unacceptable" and would dive into it. Despite repeated follow ups, I never heard from him again. I also messaged your CEO about the lack of customer satisfaction...(not) surprisingly, I never received a reply.

It's hard not to believe that a culture of "profits above customers" permeates your organization...because all we have to go on is what we see. And what we see from our spot in the bleachers isn't pretty.

Terry Bell

I also brought my list of longstanding issues to DevLearn, and I have to say they did get back to me, but it was mostly more of the same "we're looking into it" without real resolutions. I appreciated at least the communication, but saw little or no change. I've worked in tech support and customer support, so I know that the staff can get tired of not having an answer too. 

I like your idea of contacting the CEO. Maybe we should all be doing that. One customer is a complainer - a dozen or more customers with the same complaint are much harder to ignore.

Shannon Connor

I want to mention that I think the pricing structure for the 360 Suite is fair (not for Teams yet). But I do expect Articulate to continually improve the products. I am beyond exasperated with having to explain Articulate Review's shortcomings to clients. Did you guys give up on Review? What happened?

Terry Bell

It's a subscription service with different levels of cost depending on how many courses you would have being reviewed at one time.  You upload the scorm package (which is publish to LMS in Storyline), or you can link to the course on your server!

You send an invite to reviewers, and they set up a profile, then any courses you want them to review will show up when the log in. (no need to send multiple links, although you can!) 

When you're viewing the course page, you can see all the feedback in a list, and each comment has a "view slide" button. Also you can set the status to Pending, Declined, or Complete. It's just a much better tool than Review is.

Also - a single course is free, so you can try it out or even keep using it for free if you only have one course in review at a time.

Bret Jorgensen

Hi All,

As referenced last week, I met with members of our product team to share the challenges you're facing with managing team content, as well as the solutions you've proposed.

Prior to the meeting, better support for team content management was already stapled onto the 2021 roadmap. However, after sharing the passionate replies posted here and performing a thorough review of the 3,800+ feature requests submitted this year, I was able to upgrade its position on the public roadmap.

We’re assessing the timeline of this feature as our development and design teams dig in, and we’ll share an updated ETA as we have it.

That said, you will see a new related item showing up on the roadmap soon.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Shannon,

Bret is referring to the "team content management" as noted below:

Bret Jorgensen

Prior to the meeting, better support for team content management was already stapled onto the 2021 roadmap. However, after sharing the passionate replies posted here and performing a thorough review of the 3,800+ feature requests submitted this year, I was able to upgrade its position on the public roadmap.

What that looks like exactly is in the planning phases and as we have more details on features and timing, we'll keep folks posted!