Bookmarking and completion in Rise

Jan 23, 2017

I have just built a course in Rise. When I export it as SCORM 1.2 to load in our LMS (Success Factors) it is not bookmarking or recording complete. Has anyone else experienced this? 

80 Replies
John Porter

It's definitely still an issue with Success Factors.  We are experiencing a similar problem with bookmarking and course completion.  The problem is most severe when using Chrome as the browser.  I took a Rise course in Chrome with the Developer option enabled and saw numerous cross site scripting errors in the JavaScript console.  Basically, SF tries to pass to pass information between different websites and Chrome does not allow this.  So no user progress is retained.  IE does allow this so less problems there.  But still some completions were not recorded.  I agree the problem is probably server latency, if the server takes too long to respond the connection is dropped and the completion data is lost.  Also some users have a tendency to "walk away" from their browsers while in the middle of a course, and the LMS times them out after a certain period (this is normal behavior for all LMSs).

Alyssa Gomez

Hi John!

Some LMS's won't receive completion data unless you include an Exit Course link inside your Rise 360 course. Crystal shared more detail about that in her post here.

There are two ways you can add Exit Course functionality to your course:

1. Add a button block, and set the button destination to "Exit Course."
  2. Publish the course for LMS, and on the publishing screen, toggle the "Exit Course" link to ON. 

Test the course again in your LMS, and let me know if the completion data is communicated correctly!