Can you change the color of Markers in Rise?

Jun 19, 2017

I selected Labeled Graphic an have inserted an image that has a lot of white in it. The markers are white. Can you change the color of a Marker? If so, how? I feel that if you could, it would be simple. 

Thanks!

-Karlee

Pinned Reply
114 Replies
Ben Schmidt
Kaitlin Kraatz

Agreed, it's very hard to see the white on a white background. I'd love if they could be filled in with the theme color instead of just the dot. Has this been implemented yet?

Short answer: no and there isn't an ETA on when this will be implemented even though it's been on the list for years now. They keep saying other items are more important. I'd like to see that list. 

Brenda Stutsky

Ben - Thanks for bringing up the point about being on the list for years. My business subscription just renewed  - $1446.98 with exchange and I hardly use it - I really should have cancelled. And, we just changed to a Team account at work and added 3 users. Just that in itself should pay a programmer to fix this. I have been an Articulate user for years (you can't even set an face icon like I have anymore) and a Rise user since Day 1, and support Articulate, but there is no excuse for not fixing this problem! I even comment on every evaluation and in every online event I attend. I am not sure what the issue is as this is an accessibility issue for users who can't see the markers on a white background.

Hoffman  EMS Consulting

Dear Articulate, 

As several people in four pages ranging back three years, I agree with Brenda this is not a nice have, but a need to have. Many times with trying to jazz up compliance documents I have turned as urged to using Rise. However, when all markers need to be touched, it difficult for learner to identify if they viewed the content. This results, in angry and frustrated learners venting to us as developers. Making us developers, choosing to not use the labeled graphic, or turning back to Storyline.  Please move this onto your development or let us know if we need to start a petition at Devlearn or something :)   In meantime, I will develop label graphics in Storyline and import through the blocks. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your recent comments on how important marker color is for your projects, especially as it relates to accessibility needs. We hear you, and we have some changes coming. Our plan is to include new options for marker color settings, so you can be sure there is enough color contrast for learners with visual impairments to successfully interact with the labeled graphic block.

I don’t yet have details on a timeline for this enhancement, but I promise to keep you updated on any new information that will be helpful. Your feedback is so valuable, so please keep it coming!

Sarah Bezanson

Alyssa, can you clarify how that response aligns with the promise to make Rise accessible by the end of the year? Colour contrast is a key feature for accessibility regardless of whether it is a marker colour, label etc. - why would controlling label colours be omitted if Rise is committed to meeting accessibility requirements? I'm confused by this answer!

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for your note, Sarah. Our team is working on a feature that will allow you to use a custom marker color in a labeled graphic, and we plan to release that enhancement soon.

We're also continuing our work to make Rise 360 fully WCAG 2.1 compliant, and that involves improving options for color contrast in all block types. While I don't have specifics on what that will look like for the label color, I'll be sure to share your feedback with the accessibility team. You can stay up to date on all the accessibility enhancements we've added to Rise 360 right here!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.