Change bullet color in Rise

Jan 15, 2018

In Rise, when I change the color of text to white, the bullets remain black.  Is there a way to make the bullets the same color as text?

324 Replies
Liz Bastian

Wow. this thread is over 4 years old, and still not fixed? At least not that I can find. Forgive me if there is one, and I just haven't been able to find it. Just ran into this issue now and found this thread looking for a solution. C'mon Articulate. This is basic. I have white text on a dark background, and can't change the color of my bullets to match? If this has been fixed, it's not easy to locate. Anyone know?

Karl Muller
Jane Ahern

Having the same problem in 2022 - I'm relatively new to using Articulate product (1 year) - curious to know how Articulate prioritise fixes and communicate them?  I'm finding many niggly issues that seem to have been around for a long time. 

Keen to here of any alternate platforms for rapid e-learning development that others are loving (more than Rise)

Kerry Crawford

Agree 💯 it’s a very expensive product and it has some issues that seem
surprising. One is the bullet color issue. Others are the inability to properly
resize a picture and to use MCQs to pose opinion questions with no correct answer.

Rise has created a MASSIVE library of amazing content., which took who knows how much time and money... and yet these niggly issues remain. It's a mystery,

Alex Gonzalez

What I have seen in all these years using Articulate products is that communication about product updates is not frequent and often takes the shape of marketing campaigns once a year or so (last one, Rise templates). Working in a software company, I am used to seeing minor updates every two weeks, but this is not definitely the case here. I don't have the feeling that they listen to community requests or if they do it feels extremely slow.

They also maintain a roadmap page with future product updates. Unfortunately, they do not have an ETA and sometimes we get an update that was not listed there (if memory serves), so I don't really trust that public roadmap: https://articulate.com/support/article/Articulate-360-Feature-Roadmap

I hope this answers your question. As for the alternatives, I was recently shown contentCloud by Netex and I thought it looked way more powerful than Rise.

Rise 0

I was so close in getting us ( a rather large company ) on the "easygenerator.com" train, but China put a stop to that. Articulate works in china. At the time Easygenerator was lacking in that performance, but check it out with free trial, and see if it is for you, I have not checked their latest version.

Also i think that "ispringsolutions.com" is a interesting option, if i had the option..

But in another 5 years i expect Articulate Rise to have learned a lot and we will have a "all basics covered system" to work with.

How much patience do you have?

Claudia Dörrig

Hello dear Community,

is there a solution concerning this topic? 

It is a bit tricky if you wish to use the bullets points in a text and an ordered list at the same time. One time the bullet points remain black forever, in the other case you can change the color. Nothing you can explain to your SMEs...

Thanks for an replay! Bye for now.

Martin dean

This is really no longer about the ability to change the colour of bullet points in Rise; it is more about the constant lack of value I feel that Articulate provides for its (increasing) subscription.  

The Feature Request function is clearly the de-facto way to deflect users and to give them the impression that some  things might change.  We have seen that is not the case.

I do not send feature requests any more as I have no faith that Articulate will ever execute any suggestions made. This has been my experience of this software for the last almost 10 years.  I am afraid that I believe Articulate has rested far too long on its laurels; does not listen to its customers, nor does it innovate and add any value. On top of this is a core application (Storyline) that crashes very regularly and for which there is no real remediation, or protection.

I think, like a growing number of Articulate customers, that Storyline, and Rise need urgent attention to gain back the confidence of its customers. 

I did discuss this with Simon Tagihoff in your organisation in March this year and he promised that the customer experience was being addressed, as well as the general roadmap of the products.  I see nothing fundamentally changing and I see prices rising.

Articulate has opted for a subscription-based financial model, which does everything for Articulate but does absolutely nothing for me as a customer.

It is a shame because the product is fundamentally good.  It relies almost entirely on the community to help us work round the limitations that Articulate fails to recognise or act upon.

Please feel free to share this email with your senior management team.  I would be happy to discuss this with them.