Change bullet color in Rise

Jan 15, 2018

In Rise, when I change the color of text to white, the bullets remain black.  Is there a way to make the bullets the same color as text?

324 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi everyone.

I wanted to let you know that we're hearing the pain this is causing for you and your clients. While we're currently limited by the text editor we use in Rise, we are exploring some other options that may provide better formatting. I can't make a promise about a timeline for that change, but I did want you all to know that we're taking your feedback to heart!

Custody Training

How many votes does it take to get a least a larger than tiny dot for a bullet point? It does not match the dimensions of the check boxes or numbered lists. 

Do not paint this either as a difficult to implement change that requires years of effort. The sizes of the bullets are changeable as CSS height and width for the class .block-list__bullet I can make these changes easily in my browser inspector but I cannot do this when my content is published. 

Series of screens showing changes in CSS that increase the Rise bullets

This is easily doable. Why it's not is a mystery.

Rachael Mordecai
Corrections Training

How many votes does it take to get a least a larger than tiny dot for a bullet point? It does not match the dimensions of the check boxes or numbered lists. 

Do not paint this either as a difficult to implement change that requires years of effort. The sizes of the bullets are changeable as CSS height and width for the class .block-list__bullet I can make these changes easily in my browser inspector but I cannot do this when my content is published. 

Series of screens showing changes in CSS that increase the Rise bullets

This is easily doable. Why it's not is a mystery.

All of the formatting that people are asking for in this thread can be achieved with relatively simple CSS/HTML/Javascript changes in the browser. Although the software changes the devs need to make will be a little more complex, it's a relatively simple fix in the grand scheme of things - as you've highlighted here. 

It's strange that this hasn't been fixed in the three years this thread has been running.

Custody Training

I was going to reply that this is fine except that my content is being loaded into an LMS as a SCORM package, and I cannot slip in custom CSS. But I found the back door.

First, expand the zip file of the exported rise content. Navigate down the directory and open the CSS file

scormcontent --> lib --> main.bundle.css

I did a search for .block-list__bullet and change the height and width from 0.7rem to 2.5rem

I zipped it all back up, and loaded a test to SCORM Cloud. I have now rendered by content with beefier bullets.

Unordered list in Rise with bigger sized bullets

And now... the whole can of formatting worms is opened up!