New Feature in Rise 360: Question Banks

Apr 05, 2022

Rise 360 just keeps getting better. Today we released a new feature called question banks. 

Thanks to question banks, you can now create randomized quizzes in Rise 360 by drawing from a bank of prepared questions. This is especially useful when you want to make sure learners see something different each time they retake a quiz.

With the quiz question bank feature, you can create a set of questions once, and reuse that bank as many times as you want in the same course or even across multiple courses. What a huge timesaver!

You also have the flexibility to use question banks for knowledge check blocks or quizzes—giving you options for how and when you want to check or test a learner’s knowledge.

To create a quiz question bank, click Question Banks and select New Bank.

Give your question bank a name and select Create Question Bank.

From there, create and add questions to the bank just as you would when building a quiz lesson.

And there’s no limit on how many question banks you can create. To help you stay organized, you can organize your question banks into different folders. For example, you could create a folder for each course or topic.

And if you’re an Articulate 360 Teams subscriber, you have even more ways to work together. With question banks, you can easily share question bank folders with other team members to ensure consistency across your organization’s courses. You can even assign different roles to each member—manager, editor, or viewer— depending on the level of access they need.

We think you’re going to love this new Rise 360 quizzing feature and can’t wait to hear what you think!

144 Replies
Knowledgefront Digital Learning

HI - this is great but we have discovered a problem with the results. We have some multi-response questions where it is giving the wrong answer i.e. there are 4 responses, 3 are correct but when the 3 correct are selected it shows as incorrect - see below:

Edit View

Preview

It is happening with other multi-response questions as well.  this is obvioulsy serious if we cant rely on the answers being correct. Please advise 

Thanks

Medialab Baspo

Hi,

I seem to have the same problem, that i can't choose how many or which questions are shown within a knowledge check when i draw questions from a question bank.

I want to ask some questions within a lesson, without taking too much space. So i created a knowledge check and linked it to a question bank with 5 questions. However, when editing the knowledge check, the draw selection settings are only "random" or "specific questions", but i can only chose 1.

The workaround would probably be to make a quiz, but as I said, I'd like to ask these questions within then lesson, not as a separate part.

Am I doing something wrong or what am I missing?

Elaine Cottam

This may seem a stupid question, but in my version of Rise 360 I can't see where the settings are for the quiz so at the moment it is randomly selected a single question. I want to turn off the shuffle and I want to use all the questions in my question bank.

Does a results slide get created automatically because when I set my question bank up there is no option to include that and it would be great to have an introduction slide telling learners what to expect in the quiz, but again I can't see that.

Any advice would be appreciated.

David Atkinson

I believe there is an issue when drawing from question banks that have images attached. A colleague and I have both had the same result today. 

A question bank without images works fine. A question bank with images fails to load.

I have made two new sample question banks to test, draw questions from both into a new course *1 bank has images attached - the other has no images.  Same error occurs if placing into an existing project or a new one.

Could someone test this out to see if they get the same issue please?

Create 2 question banks *give bank has an image attached to a question / bank 2 - no images

Create a new Rise 360 course: Add a lesson > Add content> Add quiz

Next Add Question > Draw from question bank. Chose bank 1 and 2 then test; It should fail if I am correct.

Next: Only use from the bank without the image: It should now work.

Thanks

David Atkinson

Hi Hazel - thanks for this. That is one simple test that we both missed, we tried all the obvious stuff trying to fix but not browser cache. We'll try today and I'll let you know. Just a quick update - the problem does not exist on my side at all now so I tested creating bank with the same images my colleague is using and it failed so the problem seems to be with that particular images for some reason. Standard img formats .jpg and .png. I will update with outcome.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi, everyone! We just fixed the issue where correct responses weren’t retained when adding a multiple response question to a question bank from a quiz. 

To take advantage of this fix, any affected questions will need to be re-added to their question banks.

Please let us know if you run into any further trouble!