Publishing Rise

Feb 06, 2017

Will Rise publish as a scorm file that can be uploaded to our LMS.

41 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David,

Absolutely! You can export Rise courses for AICC, SCORM 1.2, and SCORM 2004 4th Edition learning management systems. Just open your Rise course for editing, click Export in the upper right corner of the screen, and choose an LMS specification. 

You can see a bit more information in the Rise FAQ page about other options to share your Rise course. 

Hi Fiona, 

If you've followed the LMS export steps here, that should create everything you need to upload to your LMS. What LMS are you using? Also, do you get a particular error message when trying to upload it? I'd also take a look at giving it a test in SCORM Cloud, as that's an industry standard for LMS testing (bonus, it's free to test there!) and if you'd like we'd be happy to take a look at your export and upload it there as well. You’ll want to upload the export folder here using the “ADD ATTACHMENT” button at the bottom of the forums reply window. If you’d prefer to not share in the public forums you’re always welcome to share with our Support Engineers here. They’re available 24/7 to assist! 

Let me know if you sent it to our Support team and then I can follow along in your case as well! 

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for checking in on question level details for SCORM 2004. The ETA on this has shifted a bit into Q2, but we'll keep you posted here once it is available so as long as you're subscribed to the forum you'll get an email notification when staff shares an update. You can also double check the Rise version history page, if you think you missed something here in ELH as we're keeping that update with new features and fixes that get pushed out. 

Please let us know if you need anything else! 

Hi Brenda! 

It's still targeted for quarter 2 - so in the next couple of months! 

Is the  Learning Management System (LMS) you're using limited to Tin Can only output? Have you tested any SCORM or even No LMS - Web only options to see if those will work in your LMS in the meantime?

We'll keep you posted with any updates! 

Hi Maria,

Are you tracking by "course completion"? With that you'll set the percentage of the course a learner must finish to be marked as completed.  

That percentage you set will not be reported to your  Learning Management System (LMS) - it will determine at what point in the course it's considered complete. 

I see Sharon's other ideas and response in this discussion for Moodle specific settings. 

Maria Olmedo

Following your suggestions on that other discussion, I changed from course completion to quiz. After that I followed Sharon instructions to configure the LMS, everything except for a part that I haven't found neither in the Scorm setup nor in the Course setup: Activity and Course completion. I have asked the technicians for help, as it seems the most important part, according to the highlighted lines in Sharon's PDF. (See screenshot. Sorry, it is in Spanish).

Hi Maria,

I want to make sure I understand all your settings and the problem you're running into - so I'm going to start from scratch. 

• You've exported a Rise for LMS, what SCORM option did you use? 
  • You're tracking the course completion by a quiz, did you insert a quiz lesson? 
  • Moodle is your LMS provider, have you tested the Rise course in another LMS system? We recommend SCORM Cloud - it's free and known as an LMS standard. This article has steps to troubleshoot there. 

I'm happy to keep helping here, but if you would prefer some more one-on-one support our team of Engineers is available here! You can share your Rise course export too and they can test at SCORM Cloud too.

Maria Olmedo

Scorm 1.2
I inserted a quiz lesson (when I knew it was necessary) and in the Export options I choose tracking by it.
I had not tested it in any other system. As Moodle is very standard, and it is our LMS, I need Rise to work here. Following your suggestion, I have contacted to your Support team. I hope they can help me to find out what is wrong or what I am doing wrong.

Louisa van der Linden

Hi there,

I've exported a Rise course as TinCan and now want to import it to my LMS (Sakai). Do I upload the content to the TinCan account that talks to the LMS or to the LMS itself?

If I upload it to the lessons tool in the LMS as zipped content, it asks me to point to a launch file. I've pointed to scormcontent/index.html and I tried scormdriver/indexAPI.html neither are working. It opens a blank page.
This page says to point to story.html but there isn't a file like this. I'm using a Rise course though. I've attached my file.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.