RISE on SuccessFactors Mobile

May 01, 2017

Hi there,

I have created a few RISE courses and uploaded them to our LMS (SuccessFactors) which works fine on a desktop, but is not working on mobile at all. The screen freezes and does not allow you to go forward. 

Anyone else have this problem? Please help! 

51 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

After working with with SuccessFactors they were able to verify that the scrolling problem with Rise content and the SuccessFactors Mobile app was being caused by an iOS bug affecting the web viewer that they use.

It is now fixed in iOS 11.2 - so you'll want to let learners know that they'll need to use the latest iOS to properly view Rise courses within the Success Factors Mobile app.

Thanks for your patience as our team worked through this with SuccessFactors!

Ann-Marie Pickles

OMG !!

This is great news as we have just launched a Rise course to over 12,000 participants and we had to make it desktop only.

We tested a SCORM package today on SuccessFactors and it works and completes as expected.

Now to get SuccessFactors to sort out a better way of opening resources and links from the Rise and Storyline as they currently open in the same window in the app and then you can only use the 'Details' button to go back which then throws you out of the learning.

A nice Xmas treat :)

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Peter,

Does it work outside the mobile app, such as on the desktop while still viewing in SuccessFactors? Have you tested in a standard mobile browser such as Safari or Chrome? I'd look to see how that behaves and then reach out to your SuccessFactors team for what isn't supported within their mobile app! 

Cheryl Powers

we have SuccessFactors and use the mobile app.  there is a lot of diversity in this email string about what the problems are, which I believe is not Rise specific.  We never had a problem with Rise in SuccessFactors or the mobile app.  The only remaining problem we've had is also not specific to Rise courses, because we develop in Rise, Presenter, and Storyline, and have courses that other bottlers shared that use captivate, and all of them have the same problem in the mobile app, which is specific to the EXIT buttons, and EXIT course triggers.  all work in browsers, but none work in mobile app.  this is a SuccessFactors issue as they have not given attention to LEARNING within the mobile app in over a year.  The error message that Peter showed months ago, we experienced in SuccessFactors.  Regardless of either browser or mobile app, that media format black screen appeared when the courses were created in captivate and either embedded a video developed in FLash or linked to a video developed in FLash, even when they published with Flash support.  Most of our users are using mobile devices, but not the mobile app and the rest are using Windows 10 with Edge.  However, these same flash video contents did not work in Chrome either - and most of our desktops do not have chrome installed.  WE as a newer bottler with newer devices, only publish in HTML5 and abandoned flash development and flash support.  The mobile app will still work for all our Rise and Storyline courses, even those with video in mp4 format.  However, the androids do not have a good experience as iOS and you can clearly see from KBAs that there is more attention given from SuccessFactors Learning and much of it's functionality on iOS devices.  so for us, to get around the exit buttons/triggers, we simply have to make sure the complete course trigger works, and explain to them on the last slide that they'll get credit in the mobile app as long as they don't close out the window too soon.

Ann-Marie Pickles

Hi everyone, I've been advised by our SuccessFactors in-house admin that if we want SAP/Success Factors to work on a problem it needs to be identified in their own SuccessFactors Community page. Then it needs to have at least 10 votes from different organisations for them to actually work on the problem. I am getting our admin to check in the community page to see if this EXIT button has been identified and if it is will update this discussion with the link for voting to start.

Cheryl Powers

Sorry for late reply.  In our May testing of courses for June 1 release, the exit was working properly in the SF mobile app.  Although they didn’t notify me for this, when my ticket was from the fall last year, I was relieved it was finally fixed.  The only thing I wish now is for a larger prominent exit course instead of the tiny words in right corner.  🙏