Sharing folder in Rise

Jan 07, 2019

Hi,

Is it possible for Rise users to share folders? We have a mid-sized team of developers and we would like to store final files in a shared folder structure (for maintenance and translation purposes). Is this possible?

I know you can add collaborators, but can you share folders with a specific group of people like you would share a google folder?

190 Replies
Nick Baca

Based on the fact that there are five items ahead of it that are currently in dev and one that's up next, that's six total items. Looking at their version history (link below) of releases I'm going to ballpark September/October for this if we're lucky. That was an optimistic, blind-folded, dart throw....

I'm just glad it's actually on the road map!

https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Version-History

Dan Jeffries

Well fingers crossed this happens but yes - like the rest - I'm pleased this is finally being addressed.

However it took someone to search for it to know. Come on Articulate; you could have easily dropped a message in here to advise us. Don't forget your paying customers that are feeding you the improvements you need in order to generate more paying customers!

Kristen Llobrera

There's a beta version of team folder sharing in Review live now. I'm surprised staff haven't updated this thread with that info.

https://community.articulate.com/articles/review-360-share-items-with-team-folders#share

However, it's not letting me add someone by email, only people at my company. We have a contractor who does work for us periodically and I need to be able to share files with her and vice versa. I really hope this feature is coming (ASAP)?

Kristen Llobrera

True, though several people in the thread have been asking for things that the shared Review teams will help with so I thought it would still be of interest here.

I agree, it's good news that the Rise team folder sharing is on the roadmap. So many of us work collaboratively and anything to make that easier makes a big difference.

Hazel Bartolome

Hi everyone! We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different, but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.